Well, yesterday was NOT any fun at all!! (long!) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well, yesterday was NOT any fun at all!! (long!) Well, yesterday was NOT any fun at all!! (long!)

Unread 06-13-2002, 08:55 AM
Well, yesterday was NOT any fun at all!! (long!)

I had my Cone/endometrial biopsy done yesterday, and all I can say, is THANK GOD THAT IS OVER!!!! I got to the hospital at 745 as instructed. As thought the day before, the nurse(very nice male nurse, a Lt. I think.) said there was indeed going to be a delay,so I went into the wating room and watched tv for about an hour and a half. More patients awaiting their surgery came in and I started to feel uncomfortable(real shy by nature). Finally, one of the other nurses came and got me to go to the pre-op waiting area to get on my gown, start my I.V. and get into bed. I thought for sure It wouldn't be long after that. Boy was I ever wrong! I got there at 745 and didn't get into the O.R. until 1230!!!
Got some sleepy stuff, was given my spinal, and before I knew it, I was barely waking up and they were finishing me up still. I remember seeing my legs in these yellow harness looking things, just hang in the air( man what a sight! Lol!)and then the doc and nurses started talking about what music was playing, asked me what the song was, and I remember saying that it was Aerosmith. Then a couple minutes later, they were moving me off of the operating table andback onto the gurney. That felt weird because I couldn't even scooch my butt onto the gurney! No movement at all. After all that waiting, I thought for sure the worst was over. NOPE!!! Here comes the pain! They gave me some demoral which temorarily got rid of it, but then it came back.
I think I was having bladder spasms because when they cathed me they said my bladder was pretty full (600ml i think or something like that) Again, that only helped the pain temporarily, and the spinal just wouldn't wear off, so I couldn't go on my own.
I stayed in that unit until they closed, then I was moved to the family care unit so I could recover some more. The pain was not letting up at all! my doctor and a nurse came in to see how I was doing, and told me what he did to my uterus really made it mad, and it was going to be "sore" for awhile. The nurse gave me some more demoral( demoral bad!!!) and off they went. Some more docs and nurses came in to check and see if my spinal had worn off yet and decided it had, and the nurse helped me out of bed to get me to pee. Took about 10 seconds before I started feeling nauseous and had to get back into bed. Well this up, down thing lasted about another 3 hours before I was finally able to pee on my own and then get the heck outta dodge! My poor DH and son were horrified! My son is ver clingy to me now, even more than before. Poor thing threw a fit when the nurses asked DH and him to go so I could rest. He was crying everytime he had to leave me again. He has been my little man at home and helping out gettingthings for me. All he wanted to do when we got home was crawl into bed with me and watch cartoons. I felt so bad watching him get upset. I got home and immediately threw up. Felt better to get that demoral out of my system though because except for the exhaustion and pain, i felt much better after that. So basically, I was in the hospital for 12 hours for a 30-60 minute procedure and it was not any fun. Get my results tomorrow and hope I don't need anything more than than the hysterectomy. Thanks for letting me blither again. Take care and I hope all is better with everyone else

Stef
Adenocarcinoma in-situ w/ impending simple VH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 09:49 AM

Oh, you poor soul -- your experience sounds horrifying. I bet you are glad that that is over. I'm a medical transcriptionist and they make biopsies seems like a piece of cake during the dictations ("the patient tolerated the procedure well" is what they always say at the end of the report). Well, it sounds like your experience DID NOT go well. They make biopsies sound like just a snip of tissue and then it is over. My lord, I'm going to be thinking differently when I think about biopsies. The good news is that it is over and hopefully you won't need any more than the hysterectomy. It sounds like if you can tolerate this procedure, that you will be able to tolerate a hysterectomy pretty well.

Love,

Cyndy
Unread 06-13-2002, 01:36 PM
I am SOOO sorry

You had such an awful day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 10:23 PM

Oh Sweetie I am glad you got through this, each procedure makes you stronger for the rest!!!! You are in my thoughts... I know how you feel, your cone sounds pretty similiar to my experience. You also got to see your son's reaction so you will really be able to prepare for the hyst. Get some rest okay! We love ya! or you will get a !!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register