endometrial hyperplasia without atypia ? hysterectomy or years of mirena coil hormonal treatment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endometrial hyperplasia without atypia ? hysterectomy or years of mirena coil hormonal treatment endometrial hyperplasia without atypia ? hysterectomy or years of mirena coil hormonal treatment

Unread 10-06-2016, 06:42 AM
endometrial hyperplasia without atypia – hysterectomy or years of mirena coil hormonal treatment

endometrial hyperplasia without atypia – hysterectomy or years of mirena coil hormonal treatment

Can any ladies please advice on whether I should have a Hysterectomy for endometrial hyperplasia without atypia

Time line below;
• Nov 2014- Jan 15 - some prolonged bleeding during this period and took Utovlan to stop bleeding. and saw a Gynaecologist to check internal examination of cervic and take biopsy and viginal ultrasound – both normal
• No period for since March 2015 = been told by Menopausal??? Blood test below
• 19.8.15- Smear Test -Normal
• Feb 16 – symptoms- persistent blotted stomach and pressure on bowels nee to got to wee a lot
• 5.8,16 – Following a mri for gastoro investigation found - two small cyst bilateral 2cm^- both overies
• 26.5,16 - viginal ultrasound - normal
• 5.9.16- following a viginal ultrasound to check cyst– cyst reduced but abnormal think area near womb advised by Gynaecologist to have Hystroscopy D&
• 15.9.16 following a Hystroscopy D&C biopsy result I have endometrial hyperplasia without atypia -

• CA125 – concerned raising on 23.9.16 to 39.9 but Gynaecologist states not a concern ??
• 4.10.16- bleeding and clots - Gynaecologist advised not infection from Hystroscopy but due to procedure initiated bleeding due to hyperplasia. However I informed him I have not had any bleeding before due to hyperplasia. My last period or bleeding was Feb 2015.
• 5.10.16 – Bleeding heavier so Gp advised to take Utovlan to stop bleeding which I took BUT did not really want to as would mask syptoms, but did take and bleeding stop in 12 hrs currently

treatment - Gynaecologist recommended options are:
1. mirena coil hormonal treatment for 6 months - biopsy - If after 6 months the biopsy show regression of lining of womb continue with 6 months - hormonal treatment for another six months

2. oral hormonal treatment for 6 months - biopsy - If after 6 months the biopsy show regression of lining of womb continue with 6 months - hormonal treatment for another six months

If after 6 months the biopsy show non regression/thinning of lining of womb hysterectomy recommended

3. no hormonal treatment for 6 months and biopsy - If after 6 months the biopsy show regression of lining of womb wait another six months

4. Or hysterectomy now to remove my concerns of risk of cancer

12.10.16 – I do in have an appt to have mirena coil fitted for hormonal treatment but do not know whether to proceed or have a hysterectomy.

hormonal treatment – I am not keen to have hormonal treatment as this could go on for years if the womb lining regresses in six months and therefore would be advised to keep coil in for up to Five years.

menopausal or post menopausal - hormonal treatment

I am not sure where I am in the menopause or post menopausal from blood result in Feb May and August Sep keep changing and as mentioned I have not had a period since March 2015 and if so if this puts me a greater risk of breast cancer under the hormonal treatment as this is a deciding factor as to what hormonal treatment option I proceed with?

Suffer for anxiety issues -
Since Feb I have been suffer with high anxiety so this is all very worry and I do not whether to have a hysterectomy to remove risk of cancer and reduce high anxiety I will have if these symptoms of bleeding persist and on gong waiting to see if hyperplasia and cysts are resolved. But I have read of many women have significant problems post hysterectomy regarding onset of menopause and other problems with high anxiety so not sure what is the best for me.

BLOOD TEST
Concerned CA125 raising on 23.9.16 to 39.9 but Gynaecologist states not a concern ??
CA125
10.5.16- 19
15.8.16 -23.1
23.9.16 -39.9
Hormones
FSH
29.2.16- - FSH- 107.6
15.8.16 - FSH 32.3 lab report states - peri-menopausal ?
23.9.16 - FSH 9.7
LH
29.2.16- - LH - 26.2
15.8.16 - LH – 13.2
23.9.16 - – LH – 7.5
23.9.16 - OESTRADIOL 701
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Re: endometrial hyperplasia without atypia – hysterectomy or years of mirena coil hormonal treatment

Any ladies out there who can advice on my message this would be most welcome thank you
Unread 08-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Re: endometrial hyperplasia without atypia ? hysterectomy or years of mirena coil hormonal treatment

I've been dealing with the hyperplasia without atypia for over for almost 5 years. First treated with a D&C and tried to take progesterine after the procedure and the hormones almost did me in. My iron was 6.0 and bleeding & clotting horribly. So I threw the pills out and I had no issued for over a year. Then on a cruise in November 2013 it came back ( from all the walking -I'd assume). went to same doctor- 3 biopsies to confirm and insurance denied a hysterectomy each time. Switched to another gyno and she tried a synthetic progesterine and I could tolerate it. After over a year- biopsy came back with NO hyperplasia. Again- went off all medicine and in a year- my issues were back again. I'm 64 and will be 65 in March. Hoping that Medicare will approve the surgery. I guess since the hyperplasia without atypia carries a very low (2 %) chance of it turning to cancer- this is why my insurance has refused the surgery. I have heavy bleeding and clotting about every 5-6 weeks. Usually it last about 2-5 hours. I'm sick of dealing with this-especially at my age. I have no pain- but my iron levels go low from the bleeding. I'm not doctor- but it's got to be close to being hemorraging.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any over the counter progesterine creams that might work. Note: I took birth control pills for over 30 years and wonder if that's a factor in the hyperplasia.

Grammy- still doing the monthly thing!?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Re: endometrial hyperplasia without atypia ? hysterectomy or years of mirena coil hormonal treatment

CeeCee 1953, we must be related!!!
Can you offer some info on what type of progesterone you took?
I'm 57 , never took hormones or BC, so none of that would be a reason for me to have periods at my age. Now have
My fsh levels in the 60's last year, so doc said I'm in menopause. But still have irregular periods. Many are lengthy, heavy, clotting etc. In dec 2017, had D&C, hysteroscopy. Hyperplasia without Atypia. Too much estrogen evidentally. Anyone know why a 57 year old in menopause would have this? Is it common. My gyno is good but somehow they seem to not have a lot of answers. Doc said, it's either a hysterectomy or we can first try progesterone (bio identical). The dosage seems like a crap shoot too. Are there no tests to find out how much estrogen i'm still producing, so there is an accurate dosage for taking the progesterone ? They said not really. I started on prometrium 200 mg, am supposed to take it every day. I'm wondering how long i'll be on this? At 57? And CeeCee at 64, now i'm really worried could be years. It gave me a 3 day nagging headache, so i'm skipping my dose today. The doc gave me 100 mg to take twice a day now instead of one 200mg at night. After 8 days the 200 dose gave a headache and made me feel groggy and heart racing . How do they even know 200mg a day isn't too much for me, i'm 138 pounds. Do they dose large and small women the same? I'm really trying to avoid a hyster, i'm worried about complications from that. This is so confusing. Appreciate any help, regarding dosages, progesterone type you took. Any other info. Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register