bladder pre-cancerous condition | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder pre-cancerous condition bladder pre-cancerous condition

Unread 06-13-2002, 04:04 PM
bladder pre-cancerous condition

I would like to know if anyone else has similar experience. I had LAVH, retrocele, cystocele, enterocele and Burch bladder sling procedure end of May. After surgery my urologist told me I had cystitis cystica, put me on 5 day course of ceclor, then month of trimethoprim. He sent unusual deposits off to be screened. I have performed search about cystitis cystica and it links to pre-cancerous frequently. I don't see urologist till 2nd July don't think I want wait that long in the dark. Any info would be gratefully received. I don't want to dwell on negatives as apart from this concern I feel so much better than I have in years, no awful back ache, no horrible bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 07:47 PM

Hi, Lindy-Lou!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling good. That's always good news.

I wish I had some information about cystitis cystica for you. Hopefully, someone will be along soon to help you out. Have you called the urologist? Obviously this is bothering you and you should be able to call and ask some questions. Not knowing is the worst position to be in (in my opinion).

Good luck to you. I hope you are able to get your questions answered soon so you are no longer "in the dark".

Unread 06-13-2002, 08:10 PM

Well, I did find one link that at least made SOME sense. Most of the medical stuff can be very hard to read unless you are medical. Anyway, this is just a very small blurb, but maybe it will give you some comfort:

http://surgery.4t.com/65.11.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 10:30 PM

Gald you are feeling well!!!! HOORAY! Hopefully you found some info on cystitis from Jeanine's suggestion. At least take a look and do some research until you get in to see your Doc. Take care,
Unread 06-14-2002, 02:29 AM

Hi Lindy-Lou,

There's a tiny bit more info on this page:-

http://www.hisandherhealth.com/artic...nd_Women.shtml

Take care,
Unread 06-14-2002, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys!

Have just checked out the links and yes, I learned something of relevance. My DH used to be a shift worker but 3 years ago went on permanent days, and guess how he likes to start his day! He will not be impressed when I tell him not until I have been to the loo!

I rang my urologist, as suggested,( felt brave enough to after reading replies!) and he is sending out histology report to me with explanatory letter, so shall be looking out for mail lady next week!

One unpleasant piece of news turned up from Gyne, I had cervical cancer CIN ll with suggestion of HPV! I have been with DH for nearly 20 years, had two kids and regular smears, how can this not have been picked up? I will make appt. with my dr. for next week, but am still not driving as we have a heavy stick shift van and DH is concerned I may hurt myself driving too soon. I am lucky I have good friend who will take me into town.

Once again, thanks for all replies, and think I may have to learn how to use these cute little illustrations and smileys!
Unread 06-14-2002, 07:47 PM

Hi, Lindy-Lou!

I'm glad those links were helpful to you. I'm even more happy that you found the nerve to call your urologist. Good for you! I hope the report has some valuable information for you (hopefully all of it good).

Sorry to hear that your cervical pathology came back with some problems. I would like to comment, though, that CIN 2 and cervical cancer are not the same thing, so you might like to seek some clarification from your gyn as to exactly what you have. CIN 2 is a precancerous condition where only some of the cells in the "skin" of the cervix are involved. If you've heard the word dysplasia, that's the same thing. HPV is the cause of this probably 99% of the time. HPV is kind of a tricky virus. You can have it in your system for years and years and never hear anything from it. And then for some unknown reason it decides it needs to be a problem. HPV comes in many strains and I've read estimates that probably at least 50% of women carry it, but not all have problems with it. And some people apparently are born with it (I think I read about 3% of people who have never had sex will still test positive for it). But, the good news is that if you had CIN 2 then the hysterectomy will most likely have removed all of the problems. It will be important for you to continue to get your PAPs on the schedule your doctor gives you, because in very rare circumstances it can recur on the vaginal wall or the vulvar region (but this is VERY rare).

Good luck with everything. Let us know how you are getting along!

Unread 06-16-2002, 07:12 PM

{{Lindy-Lou}}

I'm so glad you decided to talk with the Dr's office, that will certainly help with some of your questions.

When you get the results, if you aren't familiar with medical jargon, I would make notes on any parts you have questions on and take it with you to your appointment. The terminology can get rather difficult to translate.

I hope you receive only good news from the Dr and hope that you are healing well.

Let us know how things go when you can.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 06-16-2002, 08:32 PM
Good News

To all who helped me out, update is good news. Bladder not showing any malignancy, diagnosis of cystitis cystica confirmed and on right treatment. Whew! Certainly made difference knowing the CIN ll is not cancer as I had thought, but must admit feeling happier that I found this out after cervix was removed, would not be happy with little misbehaving cells inside me!

Think I have to continue with vault smears but don't know if my gyn or my regular doctor will follow this through.

Meantime, we had our first sunny day for over 3 weeks and my daughter and I took a leisurely walk to local dairy ( drugstore) and although tired after half hour of exercise, felt so much better today. Sitting for so long is very difficult, work as a teacher aide at a high school and am usually not still for more than 5 minutes!

Once again, this site to the rescue! Have logged onto many forum sites now and sometimes wonder if we should be called Hystercyster sisters!

Thanks again Linda. ( have tried smileys, must be doing something wrong!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register