I'm headed in on the 17th--HELP!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm headed in on the 17th--HELP!!!!!!! I'm headed in on the 17th--HELP!!!!!!!

Unread 06-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I'm headed in on the 17th--HELP!!!!!!!

Well, I'm so glad I found this site--i can't believe all the information I have gotten & learned--there is so much I read on here that I didn't know, I'm just so nervous, 3 days too get so many things done like making arrangements for my 3 yr old, I think I'm worried about that the most--she cries everytime its brought up, but I keep telling her this will make mommy so much better!! after years of heavy bleeding &clotting, cervical cancer & the pain I think it will be worth it. I was wondering about how long does it take after coming home until you can actually move around, especially with my daughter--I'm getting a TAH---I'm just worried because i only have help the first week & 3 of those days I'll be in the hospital--any advice would be appreciated!!!!--------wish me luck!!!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 05:36 PM

Hi sweetie! I also go to the castle on the 17th! stay strong and if you need to talk or vent or anything! please feel free to e-mail me anytime ok?
Unread 06-13-2002, 05:37 PM

Kim,

I had a TVH, so can't tell you for sure how long you will need help with your daughter. I had help here for 2 weeks, but after 1 week I was up and driving. I have read several posts of women who recommend you have help for 2-3 weeks after TAH.

Wanted to wish you lots of luck; things will be just fine. I'm sure other sisters will be jumping in to help you out on this.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 06:13 PM

Hi!
I am also having surgery on June 17th. Mine is scheduled for 9:30 and I am very nervous! I'll say a prayer for you! We will be fine!!!
LindaMarie
TAH/BSO 6/17/02
Unread 06-13-2002, 06:54 PM

My love and best wishes to you june 17th sisters. I am one week post with TAH......and though I had some lung complications that is making my recovery a little slower. my actualy hyst recovery is going great. I had to stay in castle for a week, but have come home alone. I have somoen helping me clean a bit and people helping me with food. If you have a little one to take care of you will need help for at least two weeks...longer if possible would be good. Maybe some of our sisters with little ones can tell you more
Nancy
Unread 06-13-2002, 08:13 PM
no longer little...

Hi there , i will also be having surgery on the 17th. I am afraid of my homecoming as well , but not because my child is 3 . he's 18! Been in both spots , and believe me, a three year old will surprise you with their compassion and self sufficiancy.
When I was 7 months pregnant with my second child , I had an emergency appendectomy. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and BEGGED them to let me go home to my 2 year old because it was Easter. They let me go ..... but boy was I still needing to be in the hospital. 2 year olds can not do a whole lot for themselves AND you.
But when that second son was 3 , I also had a 1 and 5 year old , and I broke my leg in 3 places , I came home knocked out on demoral , and I remember waking up with my son prying my eyelids open, and when I woke up enough to hear him , he said" "I tott eww wwere dedd"
But they also were competent enough to make cereal , peanut butter and jelly , ect . they will amaze you at that age.
I'll trade you
Unread 06-13-2002, 08:52 PM

Hi Kim. I haven't had my surgery yet so I don't know how much help you'll need and for how long, but I can relate to your situation. I have a 2-year-old, and I'm constantly worrying about how I'm going to manage post-op. I have a great husband who says he can handle it, but I've been the main caretaker for so long I think it's going to be a shock to him. Anyway, I'm sure we'll all get through this. Take care, and big hugs to you.
Unread 06-14-2002, 04:20 AM

Hi Kim--

I had a TAH and while it's good you'll have help the first week, I hope you are able to find some help for at least the second and third weeks as well. You will not be able to lift your child, and will probably too drained to do much else. You really will need to get a lot of rest. It's not like you'll be bed-ridden or anything. On the other hand, with a 3-yr.-old, you're probably much younger than I am, and may regain your stamina quicker than it's taking me.

While I felt better from the minute I woke up in the hospital, and every day was better than the one before (the human body is really remarkable), regaining my stamina has been a slow walk for me. I am used to being quite active, so this has been a surprise to me.

Get all the help you can. Hopefully your child likes videos or quiet activities and will stay out of mischief!!

All the best to you. I will be thinking of you on Monday (I go back to work that day). I hope your surgery goes smoothly and you feel as good as I did afterwards. You will be so glad you had this done!!

Unread 06-14-2002, 05:22 AM
thank you..

I just want to thank you for all the replies, this is the greatest!! I'm so glad I found this before going to the castle, it has really helped me out ALOT!! I just wish I wasn't so nervous!! I know my little girl will be just fine too, I think she will be very helpful actually!! I'll keep everyone updated when I get home--thank you again!!!!

Kim--P.S.--I can't get my smilies to work????
Unread 06-14-2002, 06:44 AM
Hi Kiann69

I'm scheduled to go in on the 17th at 7:30. My oldest daughter will be 2 on this Saturday (the 15th) and my little one is only 10 months old, so as you can imagine, I'm a little nervous about my recovery period. My 10 month old thinks there's no one like me and won't allow anyone to hold her as long as I'm around. Since the oldest one clings to my husband, I won't have to worry about her much. I'll keep you in my prayers and you keep me in yours!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register