Goodie baskets?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Goodie baskets?? Goodie baskets??

Unread 06-14-2002, 11:55 AM
Goodie baskets??

I've noticed in some of your posts you mention bringing a goodie basket to the nurses. What are you putting in the baskets and when are you delivering them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2002, 12:48 PM
goodie baskets

I had my husband run across the street to the mall and get Sees candy (4 boxes!) for the staff at the hospital. Most people are very fuzzy about the their time in the OR and recovery, its important to give those folks a big THANK YOU. You spend so much more coherent time with the post-op nurses that you tend to forget about those skilled nurses/scrub techs/anesthesia techs that do such a wonderful job. They are forgotten heroes and deserve a pat on the back. I also gave one to my anesthesiologist! Sometimes its a very thankless job, they all appreciate a pat on the back if they provided good care.

Take care!

p.s. Don't hesitate to write down names of staff who treat you exceptionally well... usually the night nurses! I little thank you note can really boost a person up, personally as well as with their employer!
Unread 06-14-2002, 12:58 PM
SUCK-UP BASKET

I bought a huge bag of Hershey's small candy pieces, Werther's, Crème savers, small bag of assorted pieces of other candies; small things that are wrapped that they could all stick in their pockets. A small bag of "bob's peppermints." Oh and snickers!!!!!! The two-inch size candy bars. They ALL went for them. I didn't have enough of them! Those were a hit and went fast. I divided it into two baskets. One was a shallow basket that I didn't care about getting back. I lined it with a coffee filter.

When I was awake enough to know what was happening, I had DH take it out to the nurses station and said that it was from me because I know they all work so hard and deserve a treat. The second smaller basket (maybe 5 or 6" across) I kept in my room and it was on a table just inside my door.

I told everyone "I brought this from home for everyone who comes in my room. I wanted you to enjoy a treat and you all work so hard and are never told how much you really are appreciated."

They would light up and smile and take that candy. It was important for them to know I brought it from home rather than being a gift to me from someone else that I was sharing.

I like the idea of taking it to the pre-op staff. I wasn't there long enough to remember them, but the one and only nurse I saw was very sweet about putting in the starter IV. I was on happy juice immediately.

TC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register