Tampon/Pad money! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tampon/Pad money! Tampon/Pad money!

Unread 10-28-2016, 10:15 PM
Tampon/Pad money!

Hey sisters!

Have you given away your tampons and pads yet? How much were you spending on them every month, and what are or would you like to be spending that money on now?

I couldn't wait to give them to my sister, but even six weeks post op I still reach for the drawer every time I use the bathroom. I wonder how long it will take to break that habit? I can't remember the last time I didn'the need the Tampax Ultra and an Always overnight 24/7 thanks to multiple gigantic fibroids and a mega uterus.

I think I'm saving about $45/month! I do still need a pad due to a little leaking, but once that stops, my money will eventually go into the grocery budget, but for now it is going to buy all new pretty undies, and for the first time in at least 5 years, khaki pants! Such a good feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2016, 03:14 AM
Re: Tampon/Pad money

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieJL View Post
Hey sisters!

Have you given away your tampons and pads yet? How much were you spending on them every month, and what are or would you like to be spending that money on now?

I couldn't wait to give them to my sister, but even six weeks post op I still reach for the drawer every time I use the bathroom. I wonder how long it will take to break that habit? I can't remember the last time I didn'the need the Tampax Ultra and an Always overnight 24/7 thanks to multiple gigantic fibroids and a mega uterus.

I think I'm saving about $45/month! I do still need a pad due to a little leaking, but once that stops, my money will eventually go into the grocery budget, but for now it is going to buy all new pretty undies, and for the first time in at least 5 years, khaki pants! Such a good feeling.
I share your joy!

My surgery was a surprise and so I had recently purchased 2 jumbo packs of tampons because there was a free gift card offer. And they hadn't yet been opened... so I took them back to Target for a refund! I felt a little silly but also empowered. I told the girl at the counter that I didn't need them anymore!

Now when I'm shopping and see displays of them, I think Ha! Never again! I probably only spent $10-15 a month but I can definitely spend that on more enjoyable things! Maybe a meal out or some flowers...

I was in the bathroom at work yesterday and could hear that someone in another stall was dealing with a pad, and again I felt relief and joy that it will never again be me.

Woohoo, it's time to celebrate!
Unread 10-29-2016, 05:47 AM
Re: Tampon/Pad money

I was so excited to be done with pads and tampons... and 3 weeks before surgery... my daughter got her first period... NOT WINNING! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2016, 12:56 PM
Tampon/Pad money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSmile0205 View Post
I was so excited to be done with pads and tampons... and 3 weeks before surgery... my daughter got her first period... NOT WINNING! LOL
Oh, but at least it is only one to buy for, and that's a pretty exciting reason. Good luck to both of you. I only have sons, but I remember going through those first few months. And that was in the dark ages when "nice girls" did't use tampons (wondered why my mpm did), and there was no ultra thin or adhesive pads. Good old two inch thick pads and sanitary belts! Thankful the days are long gone!
Unread 10-30-2016, 01:18 AM
Re: Tampon/Pad money!

I am also ditching the purses that had to be oversized to carry a supply of tampons, pads, and extra undies. Had to laugh, because I found the emergency stash in the van tonight!
Unread 12-02-2016, 01:45 AM

I gave mine to a co worker with 2 teenage daughters. I still have a few for the girls at work in case they need one, I was known for keeping tampons on hand.
Unread 12-02-2016, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieJL View Post
Hey sisters!

I remember when I first found Tampax Ultra.. and not every store carried them. Felt they were made for me! When I had to use two of them just to get 4 hours sleep at night, it was time. I am def saving at least 45 bucks a month.
Laughed out loud when you described your 'stash'.... I have them all over! Collecting my tampons and pads, and giving them to my daughter. Will keep some on hand in case we have company that needs them. But it is so empowering to not be ruled by my bleeding any longer. It feels great!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register