4 weeks post op and can't imagine working in 2 weeks! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op and can't imagine working in 2 weeks! 4 weeks post op and can't imagine working in 2 weeks!

Unread 06-18-2002, 11:05 PM
4 weeks post op and can't imagine working in 2 weeks!

I had a TAH/BSO on May 20 and will be going back to work in two weeks. I just can't imagine doing that right now, as I am a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) and work 12 hour shifts! I can barely imagine being on my feet for two hours let alone 12! I know that my co-workers will prevent me from doing any heavy work, but heavens, after I have been up for a few hours, I feel like I have a bowling ball strapped to my belly!
Will I make it?
Love and hugs to all!
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2002, 11:24 PM

I know exactly how you feel. At my 4 week post-op, my Dr. asked if I was ready to go back to work. I couldn't even imagine it. You will be surprised what difference a week makes. All of a sudden, I have more energy and I can at least begin to visualize it! It does get better.
Take care-Rita
Unread 06-18-2002, 11:36 PM

Well, I guess it's possible that you might feel a lot better and able to do a lot more in 2wks- but that does seem a bit extreme to have to go right back to 12hrs on your feet. I'm not sure I would have been ready to do that at 6wks post op. Did your dr say that would be okay (working 12hrs on your feet) at 6wks post op?

If you do end up going back to work, 12hrs on your feet for each shift, at 6wks PLEASE do try to take it as easy as you can and try to sit or lie down at intervals if you can. Definitely do NOTHING the other 12hrs of the day-or atleast as much as possible. hehe

I don't think anyone can answer "will you make it" definitely. All I can say is I don't think I could have at 6wks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2002, 06:36 AM

I had my surgery on the same day.. the answer is no no no about being on your feet for 12 hrs. I could never do that.

I am going to start work next monday and doing half days until I am up to the whole day. I am lucky that I have a boss that remembers her hyst and she is very sympathetic towards how I am feeling and she has said anytime I need to go home and rest that is fine.

I am ready mentaly to go back to work but physical i dont know yet we will see i guess

Hang in there call the doc and remind him what you do for a living. Maybe you can gradually work your self up to those 12 hr days.

Marialicem
chcstrw
Oklahoma

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register