Margaret prayers and good wishes for your scan tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Margaret prayers and good wishes for your scan tomorrow Margaret prayers and good wishes for your scan tomorrow

Unread 06-20-2002, 02:01 PM
Margaret prayers and good wishes for your scan tomorrow

Hi Margaret,
I know you didn't have this on the calendar, but I know today is your CT scan to see whats going on, and I wanted to let you know you are in my prayers that this goes well and that you are not waiting too long for the results!!
Tell them you want the "big" room, because all your "sisters" will be right there in the room with ya!!
Sending lots of love and big hugs!!
M. xoxoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2002, 02:03 PM

Ackkkkk.....Margaret...this has been a rough week....forgive me...your scan is today...not tomorrow as I indicated in the title!
So sorry. I hope it went ok for you!!
M.xoxoxxo
Unread 06-20-2002, 03:00 PM
So That's Why The Room Felt Packed & an Interesting Fact

It took them forever to do it so I can't help but feel something's up. Will know Tuesday. Now for the interesting fact. Um, if you've just eaten or certain internal matters disturb you, skip this. Dumb me--I just assumed there was ONE kind of contrast you drink...no, seems there are different kinds. Beats me. The first test I had was where I was today and I was one of the "some people" who have what I politely refer to as "lower intestinal urgencies" after. The second test was at the hospital; that time I had a thicker contrast (was told it's all essentially the same) and had more "urgencies" and the third test was back where I was today and the tech said they fixed it differently and I shouldn't be urgent (wasn't) and the fourth today was where one and three were and the tech mentioned some people still being urgent and I asked and it seems there are at least TWO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2002, 03:05 PM
RATS--Hit "post" before I finished--this continues above

and I'm not an editor type. Anyway there are at least two very different types of contrast you drink and one is more notorious for an urgent response. Interesting! So--if any of you who get abdominal CT scans and find the contrast drink to be less than desirable, see if they don't have the other kind. I think the kind that the hospital used that I really didn't appreciate was something like "Gastrotest" or "Gastrotrast". Well, I did say it was a strange topic--but this is how we educate each other. I never knew! From now on I'll ask for any/all CT's at the clinic vs. hospital just based on the contrast! Anyway--Tuesday's the day. Since the CT doesn't pick up smaller than 1 cm there could be something there it isn't seeing yet.
Unread 06-20-2002, 07:05 PM

s Margaret

So today was the day of the CAT scan!!!! And now it's just a matter of getting to Tuesday. I hope you're hanging in there okay. Will the ca 125 be repeated? Just in case it was the UTI?
Sorry I missed the CAt scan but I'll be with you on Tuesday. So get a big examination room lined up.
You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

karenann
Unread 06-20-2002, 07:13 PM

HI,MARGARET
SORRY I MISSED YOUR APPT. I HAVE BEEN MAKING SOME MUCH NEEDED REPAIRS AROUND MY HOUSE AND DON'T STAY ON THE SITE TOO LONG.
WELL, HANG IN THERE, IT'LL BE O.K. THE WAITING IS THE WORST, REMEMBER THAT.
I WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS.
GOOD THOUGHT AND PRAYERS TOO
Unread 06-21-2002, 08:58 AM

{{{{Margaret}}}}

Ok, so, now we wait for Tuesday! I agree with everybody else, get the BIG room cause we'll all be there with ya, huddled around ya waiting to hear "GOOD" news.

Please know that you're in my daily thoughts and prayers! You *CAN* beat this Margaret and we'll be with you every step of the way!

Remember the Motto......NOTHING BUT GOOD RESULTS !! I'm claiming that for you too!!

Here's some 's 's and more 's to take with ya on Tuesday, and KNOW that many prayers are going up too

We love ya Margaret, and we're here.
Love ya muchly and more,
Susan
Unread 06-21-2002, 10:09 PM

Margaret,

I just got back into town and want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I truly hope that the news is good.
Unread 06-22-2002, 11:57 AM

I am praying for good news on tuesday.......
I am not feeling any bad vibes at all!!!!
Unread 06-22-2002, 07:38 PM

Hi Margaret!

I'm sending a your way too. Yes that contrast is yucky - and I don't have the "urgency" problem - it seems to stop me up (maybe we should meld?). Frankly, I can't wait til they approve PETs for monitoring ovca - having had CTs MRIs and PETS, I think PETS are easiest.

I don't know that the "going over" means something is wrong. I think whenever your history says cancer, the techs freak out and don't want to miss something.

Aren't we a bunch though = between cancer brain and hormone can't keep the dates straight

Dorrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register