Incision Hernia Repaired 7/6...Update! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision Hernia Repaired 7/6...Update! Incision Hernia Repaired 7/6...Update!

Unread 07-09-2000, 05:40 PM
Incision Hernia Repaired 7/6...Update!

Well, I had my surgery on Thursday. They had trouble getting an IV and had to stick me 7 times including the top of my foot! I told them not to do the foot, I would just go home and come back another day. Well, they finally got one in my hand then after I was asleep they stuck my foot. I look like a drug addict with bad aim! LOL! I'm so sore and bruised all over my arms, hands and foot. On to the surgery. The Dr. said the herniated area was about 3 inches long. He said that since the facia looked strong he just repaired it and didn't put mesh in. He re-opened a little over half of my original incision. This time I have all disolvable stitches instead of staples and internal stitches. I have steri strips on over the stitches and was able to shower as of yesterday. I'm in pain, but since it was only half the incision as my hyst the pain isn't as bad. I'm not looking forward to the 6 wks recovery time again. I'm also not allowed to lift anything over 10 lbs for 6 wks. With my hyst is was 15 lbs and after my 2 wk visit the Dr. said I could lift my 20lb daughter carefully. Well now she's 25 lbs and not very happy that Mommy can't pick her up. We are trying to get by the best we can. My DH was off work only 2 days since we only had a weeks notice for the surgery he couldn't put in for time off. He will be off again Thurs-Sun this week so that will help. My mom is trying to help out until then. My son is being very helpful this time around. He's 7 and was very upset that I had to go back and have surgery again. He cried for about 30 minutes when I told him. Now he just wants to help me. I'm trying to get a lot of sleep since I really need it. I will follow up the Dr. in 10 days for my first check up. I have been running a low grade fever since yesterday afternoon, but it seems better today. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all the encouragement, it really helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2000, 10:22 PM

Geez - the foot??!!? I can't even imagine having an IV in my foot.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this - and be recuperating again for 6 weeks. Espeically not able to lift your dd. I know your son is also going through a lot too - to see his mommy in so much pain again.

take care - we are thinking of you! And don't lift anything!!!!

(((gentle hugs)))
Susan
Unread 07-10-2000, 09:41 AM

I cannot even imagine an i.v. stuck in my foot. OUCH!!!!! sounds like you had it rough. My daughter is 26lbs. and it was terrible not being able to pick her up, soon you will be able too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2000, 01:44 PM

Marianne (((gentle hugs)))! Wow..I just got back from the Doc and sat down here to check out the boards. Doc told me today that he feels I have an incissional hernia! How wierd that this is the first thing I read when I signed in today. So glad they didn't have to use the mesh..this morning during my conversation with my Doc was the first time I had ever heard of that. Well, I see a general surgeon in the morning. It will be so nice to put this all behind me again..and continue enjoying how much better I've felt since my hyst. NOTHING over 10 pounds for six weeks!
That would be the pits..after going through it with the hyst. Anyway, rest well sweet princess! You'll be back on your feet before you know it! God Bless, Babs
Unread 07-10-2000, 06:14 PM

I pray this it the last surgery for you. I had surgery again on thursday also, so I know where your coming from. I have small veins to and I had 5 sticks for an iv and one vein blow out.

Take care of yourself! Good luck to you in your recovery.
Unread 07-10-2000, 06:36 PM

{{Marianne}}, I begged them to stick my IV in my foot after my last surgery they blew every vein in my arms it seemed like. Day 7 in the hospital they finally put in a PIC line. If I ever have to be in the hospital again this is what I will get. Please get lots of rest and follow the Docs orders Hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register