Ovaries removed and having panic attacks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Kept Uterus - No Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovaries removed and having panic attacks Ovaries removed and having panic attacks

Unread 12-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Ovaries removed and having panic attacks

Hey everyone! I am almost on week 5 post op of ovary removal. My story is a long one but I will try to sum it up. When I was 6 they had to remove my left ovary because of a tumor. It was done full open inscision. Fast forward to the past 5 years. I was on the deposit shot for 4 years. After 1 year on I started having really bad issues with depression so they put me on Lexapro. A year ago I started having really bad panic attacks that made me feel like I was dieing almost daily. They added xanax. I also started having sharpe pains in my sidexperience and stomach that got worse throughout the year. So bad I vomited blood and could pass bowel sometimes without medicine. I was off deposit on regular pill by then. My Gyn found fibroids and a cyst on my right ovary. They did a laproscopic on 11-8. They found that my ovary was surrounded by adhesive tissue and I had a bowel obstruction. So they removed my right ovary and the part of my fallopian tube that they could. Still have uterus. Everything went well and recovered well physcically. I actually felt better mentally for the past 3 weeks but this week back at work i suddenly started having extreme anxiety attacks every afternoon at work. They are so unbearable and terrifying I think I will have a heart attack. There isn't a trigger or any reason I can see for them. I was off xanax and everything and doing great the past 3 weeks no medicine needed. My question is it possible my hormones or I guess now lack of them have anything to do with my panic attacks? My Dr said that my ovary was twisted and stuck to some adhesive tissue so to me it sounds like it wasn't that functional before. Which would make sense why the panic started around the same time the pain did but why did it come back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Re: Ovaries removed and having panic attacks

Yes, a hormone imbalance can cause panic attacks. It is a very common symptom.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register