Scared again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-24-2002, 05:27 AM
Scared again

Hi Ladies--

I have my appointment tomorrow for my next chemo (the dreaded Doxil) and I am just so worried about it. I just had my blood drawn for the dreaded CA-125. I'm just constantly praying that my numbers are down and that things are looking better. The side effects for the Doxil have kicked in (my hands are red and peeling and I have a rash over my entire body except my face). I'm :cry: again this morning -- I'm so frightened that my numbers are high and that my side effects will get much worse. I didn't have a problem with sores in my mouth this month (thank you Lord!) but I'm just so scared. I know I should take my own advice on taking things one day at a time, but when I get in this state of mind, it is so difficult. Could you keep me in your prayers for this round of chemo that things will go well?

I love you all,

Cyndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2002, 07:33 AM
Scared again

Cyndy,

Sending you healing thoughts and prayers....and really hoping your CA-125 is fine. Keep strong...
Unread 06-24-2002, 08:22 AM
{{{Cyndy}}}

Sweetie,
WE're here, praying and sending many GOOD thoughts and tons of Hugs! I know this is not a pleasant experience, but hang on Cyndy, it will be over soon. Everyday brings you closer to the end of treatment. We're thinking about you and keeping you close to our hearts.

Will you get the results from the ca125 today? Please know we're with you Cyndy, all the way!

Love and hugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Scared again

Sending lots of prayers and love and hugs to you ((((Cyndy)))).
Hoping this round isn't too bad and that your side effects won't get any worse, and also hoping those dreaded mouth sores stay away too, and that your numbers are low!!
Remember the visualization during your chemo!! Like pacman wiping out the bad cells, and skipping over all the good cells!!
You'll do this!! We are all here you on!!
Love and prayers and giant hugs!!
M. xoxoxoxo
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Scared again

s Cyndy

My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow!!!! I hope the treatment is easy on you with less side effects. Just keep in mind those people that told you with doxil, your ca125 can actually rise with the first few treatments!!!
You are sounding stronger and stronger and handling things well with your one day at a time attitude. That's not to say we don't have the right to still fall apart a bit the day before. As courageous as we are, we are still human. I'm proud to be your friend.

karenann
Unread 06-24-2002, 01:29 PM
Scared again

CYNDY,
PLEASE TRY NOT TO BE SO SCARED. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL
WE ALL DO. BEING SCARED ONLY HURTS YOU,I KNOW YOU CAN'T HELP IT. IT'S ALSO EASY TO TELL SOMEONE ELSE NOT TO BE SCARED. YOUR NUMBERS WILL BE DOWN. HAVE FAITH AND I TOO WILL BE PRAYING FOR GOOD NEWS FOR YOU.
THIS IS A TERRIBLE THING YOUR GOING THROUGH AND I WISH I HAD SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU STOP BEING SCARED, BUT I DON'T. I CAN ONLY TRY AND REASSURE YOU THAT ALL WILL INDEED BE O.K.
Unread 06-24-2002, 01:39 PM
Praying Hard for You

Be sure you tell the doctor you NEED (not want, NEED) something for that rash--there has to be something out there. Also, as Karenann says, CA125 can rise with the first few treatments of Doxil before coming down. We'll be there with you. What I want to know is--how in blazes do you ever find your way around that place? What a maze and a mess to park/get there! You get extra points for that! (I'll take Meriter any time)
Unread 06-24-2002, 03:25 PM
Scared again

{{{Cyndy}}}

I'm so sorry that you are feeling poorly. Just remember that all of us are there with you tomorrow. You may not be able to see us there physically, but we are all with you in spirit. And then you'll have one less chemo to go. And you're that much closer to being a healthier cancer-free you! I hope the side effects go easy on you.

Keeping you in my thoughts and 's.

Unread 06-24-2002, 04:21 PM
Hi Cyndy

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I know it is hard. You will get past all of this one of these days soon. Try to stay focused on that day.

Please think of us tomorrow and know that we are all there with you in spirit. Take all of the 's and 'ers in with you to your appointment.

I am wishing you have the best results with the least amount of discomfort.

Unread 06-24-2002, 05:27 PM
Scared again

I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. Chemo makes me cry, too. I swear chemo brain also takes the form of depression at times. I know how you are dreading this and there is nothing I can say to make it better, but know that I am thinking of you.
I will send a prayer that your side effects are minimal and your CA 125 is down.

Take care of yourself no matter what.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register