Thank-you All Sooooo Much | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank-you All Sooooo Much Thank-you All Sooooo Much

Unread 06-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Thank-you All Sooooo Much

Hello Sisters,

Well I had my LAVH and I am now 2wks post -op. Things inside me were worse than they expected. They found severe endo, fibroids (don't know how many) and a "tennis ball" size mass behind my uterus.

Thank God, the patho report came back just yesterday "Not cancer" My Doctor was really not sure so it has been very tense around my house till yesterday. The mass also had so many adhesions coming from it that it was pulling my uterus backwards causing me to have a retroverted uterus. They said that if they had not done the hyster they would never have found the mass. My surgery was only supposed to take 11/2hrs but it ended up lasting 3hrs. Talk about sore hips. I ended up having to stay 3days in the castle due to my bladder not wanting to kick in. They threatened to send me home with the catheter but that seemed to get through to my bladder and within 3hrs before discharge I started to pee, what a wonderful feeling, I will never take it for granted again.

Well I just wanted to say a great big Thank-you to everyone who put up there posts. You all seemed to ask the questions I was too shy to ask or things I never thought of and to all the Sisters who answered my posts. I could never had made it through if it wasn't for all of you Sisters. I am 27yrs and felt all alone, (the worst feeling in the world at a time when you have to make life altering decisions) till I found this wonderful site. I don't know all of you but deep in my heart I love you all. You were here when I really needed help and when I just needed help to pass the long sleepless nights till surgery.

Sorry for the long letter but I just want everyone to know how much you have all meant to me. Thank-you again from the bottom of my

I am a now

Lots of 's
Kerri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Welcome Home

Kerri so glad to have you with us now on the other side. LABH is a great way to have a hyst eh hun? I know what you mean about bladder not wanting to go, mine did not budge for 6 weeks and I ended up having the SP cath for 7 weeks. The do go again thought BUT when they are ready LOL.
Now take good care, we do not wasnt to hear of you pushing it and overdoing things. Plenty of rest and listen to your body. take care Hugs Vicki aka smilie
Unread 06-25-2002, 03:37 PM

It is so good to hear from you with the details of your experience. It sounds like your years of suffering should be over. I can't believe what they removed from you. Path report is wonderful and something to celebrate.

And remember...no matter what side you post on, there are hundreds of us out here reading. So continue to share with us your recovery and after thoughts...it means alot to us.

Be good...the worst is behind you.

Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2002, 08:40 PM

Thank-you Vicki and Maralyn for your wonderful words. It is very nice to have my "pain free" life ahead of me. LAVH was a great way to go.

's Kerri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register