5 weeks today and doing TERRIFIC! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks today and doing TERRIFIC! 5 weeks today and doing TERRIFIC!

Unread 06-27-2002, 04:41 AM
5 weeks today and doing TERRIFIC!

Ladies,
I just want to let you know that I was one of the lucky sisters who had no complications what-so-ever! Well, the recovery room was a bit of a problem but seems like a distant nightmare at this point! My pressure had plummeted to 80/40 and I was not allowed anything at all for pain for a couple of hours, and yes, I was awake!
So... I only spotted for the first day following surgery. Not a drop since then.
My tummy feels a bit bruised at times, but I am wearing my normal clothes. I have been released for all activity except yoga. I have to wait one more week for that.
I was a silly sister and had a romantic evening the day of my internal exam. Ow! Foreplay was terrific,,,orgasm great,,,penetration was difficult. I am very small to begin with. Hubby was great about going slow but I felt almost plowed through even with tons of lube. Like a virgin! LOL
I know next time will be better. He says everything feels the same as it did before the hyst. <whew> Was the first time in years I had an orgasm without the painful cramping that used to last for days.
Enough about sex! LOL I feel really good. No more naps. I get a bit run down in the late afternoon but I did before the hyst as well. I am pain free for the first time in years.
Had a hard time with no hormones for the first 3 weeks or so. At 1 week post I got depo to kill endo. No HRT for 5 more months but I am doing fine without. Black cohosh recommended by DR for hot flashes. Works great.
Anyway, I was blessed to be a very lucky sister. I have no regrets even at the age of 34. I should have done this at age 30.
Time flew by during my recovery. My best advice is not to OVERDO, but not to stay in bed all the time either. The first week home was nothing but bed. I began to do very light housework, with DR's OK at week two. I was getting very depressed sitting around all day. I napped often. Drank tons of water. Ate lots of fruit and healthy things. Took my vitamins and allowed others to care for me...very hard to do that!
So to all my sisters in waiting....Hang in there. It is not so bad after the first week or so. Love yourselves and listen to your bodies. I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you all have a blessed surgery and recovery.
HUGS TO ALL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2002, 06:26 AM
Ditto

I have to ditto everything that Lil helion has said!!! I am also 5 weeks Post-Op, and I have to remind myself now and then that I had major surgery, because I feel normal and not to mention great for the first time in a long time.

It is so nice to be able to go to the beach without having to work around my periods (what's that?) LOL!!!!

I still have to maintain that Attitude is everything!!!

Lots of to all the

Take Care and God Bless!!!
Unread 06-27-2002, 06:34 AM
Amen!

I am right there with my Mayflower sisters. I have to keep reminding myself that I am only five weeks post op and still have restrictions.

I have not used a pad at all since leaving the hospital. I had to force myself to rest nearly all day the first week or so. That is so unlike me, but I had a very serious dh watching my every move.

I wake up feeling great every morning! If I sit for long periods of time, my incision hurts, but laying down for 15 minutes makes all the difference in the world.

I do lay down each afternoon, but not because I am tired. I prepared for my recovery with ten new books, thinking I would be laying around doing nothing. I just finished the eighth one and have decided to force myself to finish the other two as part of my recovery period.

I gathered up all of my pads/tampons and had them delivered to my sister. I threw out all my old 'period panties,' and even bought myself a pair of white slacks! Life is good.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2002, 08:06 AM
Ditto for me too!

I'm five weeks post op today too, and along with my Hyster buddy, Tracy, and the other MayFlowers, I just want to say that this surgery was the best decision I ever made! Even with the problems I had in the hospital with the pain meds making me nauseous, I would do this again in a moment!

I'm feeling almost totally back to normal, even to the point of going back to work on half days starting Monday.

Nothing hurts anymore. And I don't take naps in the afternoons. (I'm a charter member of the Hystersisters Insomniac Club, so daytime naps are a no-no, if I want to get to sleep before 4 a.m.) I do still get tired if I go shopping for too long, but even that is getting less and less frequent.

When I start back to work, I will also start back on my walking program. A friend at work and I walk around our campus on our breaks for exercise. Before surgery, I was walking a mile a day on my good days. (Most days, due to the anemia, I wasn't able to go 1/4 mile before having to stop.) I can't wait to get my muscles back in shape and get to feeling totally back to normal!

I still know to take it easy, so won't overdo it. But I, along with my Mayflower sisters, would like to encourage all of the ladies in waiting. There is life after a hysterectomy! Oh, and it's a glorious feeling, knowing that never again will I have to go home from work because I'm bleeding so bad and never will I be too weak to walk due to the anemia! Life is good again!

s,

Lisa
Unread 06-27-2002, 09:02 AM
Me Too

I'm only at 2 weeks post op and have to totally agree with everyone - every day is better and better and now that I'm able to get around more and do a few things, it's all good!! I had my 2 week check up yesterday and was cleared for everything except heavy lifting and sex. Yaa Hooo!!! Right from the first, there was less pain than most periods -

Just remember your princess training, it is important to rest and drink lots of water. I ignored the princess training at one week because I felt so good and ended up paying for it for 3 days!!! Don't do that!!

Take care all - best of luck to all the LIW

Elaine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register