Having Hyst 8/8 for endo..Anyone have hyst for endo? Did it take the pain away? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having Hyst 8/8 for endo..Anyone have hyst for endo? Did it take the pain away? Having Hyst 8/8 for endo..Anyone have hyst for endo? Did it take the pain away?

Unread 07-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Having Hyst 8/8 for endo..Anyone have hyst for endo? Did it take the pain away?

I am scheduled to have a hyst (TAH) on 8/8 for endo. I am 32 and have been blessed with 2 children.But the endo pain is soooo horrible. All the shots Lupron, Depoprevara have taken my pain away, its the side effects such as weight gain (30 lbs) and constant bleeding from the depo that has led me to this decision. I know a hyst is not a cure, but since I did so well with the drugs, shouldnt a hyst do the same??? I would like to hear from some of you who have had a hyst for endo and see how your exerience was....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2002, 08:07 PM

Hi There!

I did not have my hyst for endo, but I did want to let you know that there are many, many gals here who have.

It does vary as to the results, and you are right: Hysterectomy is not always the end-all cure. Some have permanently wonderful results, whereas some do not.

I wish you the best as you begin your journey. Please stick around; there is lots and lots of support for you here.

s,
Unread 07-02-2002, 09:18 PM

Hi there!

I"ll just put in a positive word here. I have had endo for years and 2 c-sections and 2 laps with laser later, I had a TAH/BSO on April 8. I have actually felt better during recovery from surgery the last two months than I have felt in 5 years!

The pain from recovery was very different than the day-in, day-out pain of endo I had. I have only taken 3 Ibuprofin in the last 10 weeks. What a change! I was taking 4-6 a day plus 4-6 Aleve.

The side effects of all the other meds I tried over the years are gone. I feel like me again.

The hardest part for me was the two weeks before my surgery. I had to quit taking all meds for two weeks before to clear my system and because many of them act as blood thinners. A very painful two weeks for me but worth it!

I hope that you do too! Best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2002, 07:42 AM
Hyst and endo

Hi there,
Another positive story for you and also something for you to research ahead of time.
First off, the hyst has removed both side and back pain. I feel better than I have in years and I am six weeks post. When I woke up, the awful pinching pulling feeling I had in my side was totally gone. I was amazed. I also don't feel as "heavy" in my lower belly and sex is so much better!

Second of all, there are many theories about endo coming back as it is fed by estrogen. I would seriously consider having my ovaries removed. So many women have to return to surgery who have endo to have the ovaries removed. My DR refuses to put me on any form of estrogen for 6 months to make sure any remaining endo dies off. I am also on Depo <progesterone> to help KILL off any remaining endo.
As my DR says, 6 months is worth the mild symptoms I am having if it means I will not end up back in surgery with endo growing on my bladder and intestines. Only 1% of women who follow this treatment, end up getting endo back. DO YOUR RESEARCH!
Ask ask ask ask questions. Read up on treatment for endo following a hyst.
I hope this helps. I agree with my DR. 6 months is a short time in the grand scheme of things if I don't have to go back in for surgery.
HUGS!
Unread 07-03-2002, 08:29 AM
MUCH BETTER NOW

I am 35 and had a TAH/BSO on April 23rd. I finally have my life back. I agree that if you suffer from endo you should have your ovaries removed. In my case I had it pretty bad on my ovaries. I have been taking the estrogen patch for 2 weeks now and feel great. No more back an abdominal pain. I also gained about 40 pounds over the last couple of years (without enjoying it) and I have already dropped 15 pounds and feel great. Make sure you have this discussion with your doctor, they can be a great help.

Good luck
Unread 07-03-2002, 01:39 PM

Hi there~ Another positive story here!! I suffered with endo for several years. I had three laps and was treated with lupron several times and birth control pills too many times to count. Finally this spring I had a LAVH. The relief was amazing!!!! I feel terrific and don't regret doing it in the least. I had one ovary removed because the endo had pretty much destroyed it, and it IS a very real possibility that endo will someday affect the remaining ovary, but for now I'm doing great.....only the occasional twinge near the ovary but nothing even remotely comparative to the horridenous cramps before.

Best of luck!
Unread 07-03-2002, 02:32 PM

dlwdolly,
I too had endo and suffered like a dog with it. I had my hyst 8 weeks ago and haven't felt better. No pain at all for the first time in 7 years. I can't believe how good it feels to be without pain. Best of luck and pain free wishes to you always.

Candida

Teenage Endometriosis Page:
http://gurlpages.com/cg_bubbles/index.html
Unread 07-03-2002, 02:39 PM

I had my TAH July 27th last year due to severe endo. I am pleased to say that it was the best thing I did. I am 34 years old and it is sooooo nice to not have to take pain killers for most of the month every month.

Everyone's recovery and healing is different, but it sure helped me. Good luck with your surgery, our prayers are with you.
Hugs, Tamara
Unread 07-03-2002, 04:29 PM

Thanks for all your encouragement! I forgot to tell you that I had my left ovary removed last year. My pain is on left side from hip to belly button to pelvis, so had a lap and removed the ovary. Dr says my endo is microscopic so the only way to tell if it is there is to take it out. The ovary came back ok, no endo (the yr before had a cyst on that ovary that was positive for endo). But even after the ovary was removed I still mave the same pain on the left side? wierd huh? .The depo & lupron take the pain away though, so dr says it has to be endo related or the pain wouldnt go away. I also had a colonoscopy, no endo in bowels. I did talk to dr about HRT and he said that taking estrogen orally does not make endo come back, it is only the estrogen that your body (ovaries) make that causes endo, he said they dont know why that is, but its the truth. So he feels that I will be ok on HRT.I plan on having a total hyst, so he will take out my right ovary too. Dr says he doesnt believe in leaving anything in there! LOL
Unread 07-03-2002, 05:33 PM
more words to encourage you

Hi:

Just wanted to say I had a total hysterectomy due to severe stage IV endo. Weirdly enough, I had very little pain from it. But, boy, when it gets worse, it does HAVOC!! I had it everywhere, and had 7cm. endometrial cyst on each ovary. I have had no pain since I recovered from surgery. My doctor too believed in leaving nothing. He said the uterus was like fire for endo, and the ovaries are like the lfuel for the fire. So out everything came. No regrets for me, as I'm sure you won't have any either. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register