1 week Post Opt-Not feeling too bad | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week Post Opt-Not feeling too bad 1 week Post Opt-Not feeling too bad

Unread 07-03-2002, 04:55 PM
1 week Post Opt-Not feeling too bad

Hi, I'm also new to this site and want to thank everyone for being there for each other. I didn't think I would need something like this but I am finding I do. It's nice to know we are not alone in our "journeys".

It is 1 week since the surgery and I am feeling pretty good. Lots of itching and a little pressure still (but I'm sure the rest of our insides need to make adjustments). I had a total and the dr put me on the "patch". The first day the hormone must be pretty strong because I get light headed but then the next day I feel great again. Hard to believe what I was feeling like last week at this time.

Go to the dr. next week for my 2 week checkup and am hoping that he will let me back to work the next night. I work 8 hr nites, 4 nites a week as a "telephone answering service" you know, when you have to page the drs. in the middle of the nite. It's not a strenous job by any means but I might have to take my own "comfortable" chair with to sit on for the next couple of weeks. I am starting out with 2 nites on, 2 nites off and then 4 nites on and 2 nites off. I sure hope this works...what do you think? And I sure can't wait till I can have "sex" again with my hubby (and I was never "******" before this)---does this mean that I will enjoy it more with him? What a subject to think about. Has anyone else experienced this type of feeling? We keep joking with each other that nothing can go in there for at least 4 weeks (per dr request--even the young girl nurse's face turned red when she told us this upon my dismissal from the hospital).

Has anyone else had this problem with bloating & gas & sometimes feeling like you are going to bust open?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2002, 05:20 PM

Hi JuJuBe,

I am one week+ post-op from a TAH, and feeling pretty good too, but not good enough to go back to work. Fortunately, I work in education and don't have to go back until August 19. Are you sure you want to go back to work so soon? Is there any way you could work from home?

My belly has also been itching along the incision. Currently I'm held together with small strips of what looks like that packing tape with the thin strings in it. I find myself rubbing my belly like a pregnant woman every time it itches (like right now). I think I also still have some swelling, but my tummy was never flat, so it's a little hard to tell.

As far as sex goes, I can't wait either--but will. My husband and I are already planning a night away at a local hotel for five weeks from now. We had talked about driving to San Francisco (about two hours away), but didn't want to wait any longer than we had to in order to get "reacquainted."

Best wishes for a continued recovery.

Ms. LJ
Unread 07-03-2002, 05:30 PM

Please slow down a little. First off you talk about your incision which leads me to believe you had a TAH like me. It is way too early (whether we feel like it or not) to even be thinking about sex. We are talking about all the internal stitching and infection which you really don't want.

As for your job, if you think you must, try having to keep your feet elevated. I'm still not sure that would work but it might help. I am 5 weeks now and even though I feel like going back to work now, I'm still waiting the full 6 weeks to be fully healed. I hope.

Please slow down a little. You need to take care of yourself now. I know the second and then the third week, I felt worse than when I came home.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

P.S. This was major surgery you had!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register