I mopped today and feel great! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I mopped today and feel great! I mopped today and feel great!

Unread 07-08-2002, 10:11 PM
I mopped today and feel great!

I had a TVH on May 31. My mom came over (she lives in another state) and mopped right after my surgery but no one has done it since. I couldn't stand it anymore, so today mopped all my floors (only my living room and DD's bedroom are carpet)! I feel great. It seems so funny to be excited about it - but it feels so great to get to be able to do something again that I just had to tell someone. I am still getting a sore lower back with some things and tired, but have learned to rest when my body tells me too. It's so nice to have a place where people understand these things!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2002, 10:51 PM

1 day before my 6 weeks, yesterday, I swept my kitchen with no problem. I expected pain later, but none yet. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna try mopping maybe Wed. I feel pretty good at this time. Glad to hear your doing fine too.
Unread 07-08-2002, 10:58 PM

I was like you..couldn't stand the floor anymore, and I also mopped today forthe first time. I know how you feel about getting excited over it...i just couldn't stop looking at it . I also expected to pay the price, but I had no pain. Iwas more tired after going to the mall with my DD's later.
It's so nice to start getting back into life again..even if it means doing things around the house. But we need to remember that healing process we're going through too...
Good luck and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2002, 11:38 PM

Woohoo, you mean there's light at the end of this tunnel? Though I can't believe I'm getting excited about the prospect of mopping floors. Geez, what's a girl gotta do to feel normal? Believe it or not I'm looking forward to when I'm recovered enough to scoop horse manure. Now there's a fun chore for ya !

Unread 07-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Go girls

Good to see you are all being sensible and taking it gradually getting back into doing some housework. The boredom and the dirty floors are hard to take, but it is just so worth it to take it easy for those first 6 weeks.

The key is slow and easy. Even if you feel great, just do what really needs doing without overdoing it. It was a full 8 weeks here until I felt up to doing the "heavier" stuff and then it was slow going.

More power to you all !!!!

Regards

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register