silly question for help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

silly question for help silly question for help

Unread 07-10-2002, 09:19 AM
silly question for help

I am a year and 3 months post-op. I have been having alot of problems with what I am eating and it not agreeing with me. I used to eat all this before why am I having so many problems now. I ate a meatball sub last night needless to say I am at home today from work with am upset stomache and bowel problems. It does not happen all the time just when I do not want it too. Thought I was out of problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2002, 09:37 AM
silly question for help

No question is ever too silly! That's what we're here for!

I don't have an answer to your specific question. You may find it helpful to visit the HysterSister Forum called The Road Less Traveled - that Forum is great for answering questions and concerns about issues that develop much later after a hyst.

Take care!

Unread 07-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Same problem

I am one year two months post op and I have the same problem! I have stomach aches and bowel problems very frequently. Oddly enough, I notice it is almost always late afternoon early evening. I feel fine morning and early afternoon but every day around 3pm I get a stomach ache with tons of gas. Rarely a day goes by without this. I have not checked this with a Dr. (my usual MO Ha). I will be checking this post for any help others might have.

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2002, 09:44 AM
silly question for help

Hi,
Have you considered that your problems might have nothing to do with your hysterectomy? Can you go back to a general doctor and get checked out? My daughter is 20 and has suffered from irritable bowel syndrome off and on; it tends to flare up at times and she needs to watch how often she eats and what she eats. You may have to go through a number of tests for something like ulcers but it sounds like you should definitely have this all checked out!

Good luck!
Unread 07-10-2002, 11:45 AM
I never had the problem before

Thanks for responding. In my heart it has something to do with the hysterectomy. all that moving and stuff they did down there i will get it checked out though.

Unread 07-10-2002, 11:54 AM
silly question for help

You might want to see your internist for them to check your stomach and your gall bladder. Gall bladder disease risk is increased with hrt. And a Meatball sub would certainly set off a gall bladder attack! (been there done that, mine was a peperoni pizza that set it off for the LAST time)

Caren
Unread 07-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Gallbladder was also my first thought.

I had mine out 3 years after the twins were born and you are describing my symptoms. The surgery is laproscopic ~ in and out the same day. I still have to be careful of too much fatty foods, which is not entirely a bad thing. You can try eating more fruits and veggies and less fat and see if that helps. At the very least it would be healthy!
Unread 07-10-2002, 02:46 PM
silly question for help

I'm 4 months post op from a tvh and bladder sling and I have the same problem. I notice it is worse at some times than others. It is usually worst late afternoon and in the evening. I have noticed that I can relieve some of the pressure if I walk. My mother in law just came for a visit and she had the same problems after her surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register