Two week post op and last brachytherapy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two week post op and last brachytherapy Two week post op and last brachytherapy

Unread 07-11-2002, 12:39 AM
Two week post op and last brachytherapy

Hi! I had my last treatment yesterday and check up today. My margins are CLEAR!!!!! from the surgery report. YIPEE! I am so tired, and it is late. I just wanted to tell all my sisters that I finally had some good news! This is the first of it! I have to see my Dr. in two weeks to discuss things in detail I had a lot of questions today, but my Doctor was not there, a fellow saw me. That ticked me off, bit apparently my gyn/onc is in Eurpoe!!! So, they just basically did an examination and read me the report. I am in shock!!! After next week, Iwant to get the cancer free announcement and hear the new schedule of every three month paps!!!! I am so happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2002, 01:39 AM

((((Leslie)))))

What GREAT news!!
I am so happy for you! You have been through an awful lot, and you must be so thrilled to be finished and have this news!!
Time to celebrate girl!!!!
Love & Hugs!!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 07-11-2002, 04:08 AM

s Leslie

You must be so happy and relieved. I know that the road has been very bumpy for you. Time to relax and enjoy the summer. Congrats!!!

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2002, 06:00 AM
Congratulations!!

I'm so happy for you! You have been through so much! Congratulations on making it through, and remaining strong enough to help other sisters at the same time!!

OXOX
Unread 07-11-2002, 06:02 AM

Congratulations, Leslie!

What excellent news! You must be on top of the world today! You rest up now. We can party later.

Unread 07-11-2002, 10:25 AM
(((Leslie)))

YAY!!!!!! You go girl!! Aren't those the most beautiful words??? Last treatment!!!!! WOO HOOO!!
Margins are CLEAR!! I'm tellin ya, this Motto for the year is really paying off! !NOTHING BUT GOOD RESULTS!

Leslie you have been an inspiration to many women here and you are such a strong lady! WE'll be waiting to : with ya again in two weeks when the dr. tells you that you're cancer free I'm so happy for you! See how God is answering our prayers? He is so awesome and I just know you will hear those words, CANCER FREE!

Time to party again ladies,
Unread 07-11-2002, 11:38 PM
Thanks girls

I could not have gotten through all this without you all. I am scared it is not true, but I FEEL that it is gone. Now, I will move on to the nerve damage and correcting that so I can get off my pain meds. Then there is all that weight I have gained from a year and a half of steroids. I feel like a linebacker!!!! However, my mind is getting ahead of me I suppose. I love that my margins are clear. WOW... what a trip. It was the first time I heard anything good in a long time. I thanks you all for the support. Thoughts and prayers!
Unread 07-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Hi Les

That is Super News!!!! Congradulations!!!

:

Now we can play at the beach!
Unread 07-13-2002, 03:14 PM
yahoo

Ya know, it is amazing. I am getting my energy back! I went to the beach yeasterday!!!!!! : I actually can go somewhere after I get dressed now! Instead of feeling so tired. I really am feeling day by day, just plain normal again. We went to the pool today as well.

As for missing the Berman and Berman show, I am so sad. I got up at 6 am and my mom rang the phone so much it woke the baby up. She was so cranky and followed me around with her blankie "mamamama". GEESE, I could not get ready. Plan was to let them sleep, with my older one home, leave, and nanny arrive at 7:30. Sure did not work out! I hope you spoke out for us shelley. Sorry I did not meet other hyster sisters. That, makes me very sad. :cry:

I love you guys!!!!! Thanks for all the support.
Unread 07-14-2002, 03:33 PM
Ready for my close-up

Hi Les,
I am so glad you are feeling good and getting your energy back.
I think we need to email the B&B show (any of us) and suggest further topics to them. You can do it via their website.
Why don't you suggest one on DES babies?
I think a show on gynecological cancers in general would be good too. I am going to write in with several topics.
the commute home was 2 hours if that makes you feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register