Vivelle dot vs. "regular" vivelle patch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle dot vs. "regular" vivelle patch Vivelle dot vs. "regular" vivelle patch

Unread 07-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Vivelle dot vs. "regular" vivelle patch

I hope some of the sisters can help me out with this. I now wear the regular Vivelle patch 0.075 strength and I am considering trying out the smaller Vivelle dot, same strength. My only hesitation is if the adhesive on the dot is different from the adhesive on the patch I am now wearing. It took two tries to come up with a patch I didn't break out from. I went to the website for Vivelle and there was an offer for a free placebo patch (no drug) so I ordered it. I will try wearing it for a week to see if I break out from it, but I wonder if anyone else has switched and if they had a problem.
Thanks!
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2002, 01:29 PM

Linda!

I wear the Vivelle Dot .05 and I think I have the thing down now! I was putting it on my , but it always would crease and lift off on the corners... must have been all that swelly thing going on... then I tried it on my lower hip. Same thing happened. Then I read in one of the posts that it works really well on your upper butt, right where you get shots.... That did the trick!! It goes on nice and smooth and stays stuck the whole time!! I just switch side and vary the location.... Hope you get yours figured out! Good Luck, Joni.
Unread 07-12-2002, 06:59 PM

When I used it I put it on my belly, swithching spots, it stayed on good and I could see what I was doing, eye make up remover is good for getting the little marks off your skin without rubbing and hurting your skin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Vivelle vs. Vivelle dot

I had the same question as you, Linda. I am on the Vivelle 0.1 mg patch. Overall, I am very pleased with it. And on the one hand I don't want to mess with success, but it seems like being able to use a smaller patch would have it's advantages too.

Did anyone else switch from the vivelle patch to the v dot? I would be interested in any comments about any change in effectiveness and of course the "sticking power" of the smaller patch. Also any difference in cost?
I see my Dr in a couple weeks and wanted to get some feedback from you experts before I talk to her.

Thanks in advance,
Unread 07-16-2002, 07:03 PM

I switched. I like the dot much better. It is so small, sticks well and is small enough to put a bandage over should you want to keep it lint proof when you exercise. I had more irratation with CLiamra.

The sample idea seems great good luck!
Unread 07-17-2002, 06:51 AM

I have only used the "dot" so I can't tell you about the adhesive but I have had no problems with the dot staying on . I swim a lot in the summer and was worried about that but it doesn't seem to bother it at all. I use the patch on my abdomen, hip and upper "butt" just to vary the site. Gets a little creasy on my hip but the other places work just fine.

Good luck!

Dobie
Unread 07-17-2002, 01:44 PM

Thanks for your imput about v.dot. I'll probably talk to my Dr about changing. The regular patch is working well, but is so big when you're using the 0.1mg size.

Can I ask you how much you pay for the dot? Just wondering how it compares to the regular patch. Again, thanks for the info.

Toodles,
Unread 07-18-2002, 02:51 PM

Don't think I can help you much. I am fortunate that I have really good insurance. I only have a $10 co-pay for name brand prescription drugs and $5 for generic. I never noticed the difference in the base payment or even if there was one. Sorry!

dobie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register