Back with path results, it is cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back with path results, it is cancer Back with path results, it is cancer

Unread 07-12-2000, 05:27 PM
Back with path results, it is cancer

The results are in, I do have ovarian cancer. The technical term is Papillary serous borderline tumor, classified as stage IIc, cancer cells found in the abdominal fluid, and possibly one lymph node. The oncologist is sending everything for a second opinion before deciding on treatment. She said the results should be back within 2 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2000, 06:21 PM

I know I replyed on the other board, but just to tell you again I am here for you, you are in my prayers Kim.
Unread 07-12-2000, 07:31 PM

I am so sorry to hear this...I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please remember lots of sisters walk this path, and it all turns out okay. May the angels watch over you....

Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2000, 06:20 AM

im sorry, i too have ovarian cancer do what you feel o.k. cry,yell,pray,drs. are very understanding,the waiting is long and tiering you have many options but none will be an easy choice,my dr. is upto date i hope yours is too.e mail me anytime s[email protected] / i can recomend a internet site,national ovarian cancer coilition many answers from sisters who live this, just reagular people like you an i...
Unread 07-13-2000, 07:31 AM

I am so sorry to hear this!! It is good that a second opinion will be gotten before treatment is decided upon. Please remember that we are all here for you! You will be going through a lot of emotions, so keep in mind that we understand and want to help and listen!! Take care!!!
Unread 07-13-2000, 11:11 AM

i am sorry i too have ovarian cancer.email me anytime [email protected]
Unread 07-13-2000, 07:31 PM

I had a different kind of ovarian cancer--but I just wanted to tell you that I\'m cancer free a year later. You can get better.

As blacky says, don\'t hold those emotions in. If you feel you can\'t let them out to anyone around you, come let them out here. We can take it.

Look for a support group where you live. They really do (statistically and all that) help recovery. Another thing is to journal--take 30 min in the morning and, without editing, just dump all your emotions onto the page--or just anything on your mind and in your heart. That flow outward of energy is important. The third thing that helps is to talk to your God about it, if you can. Turning it over to God helps.

I\'m sorry this is the path you\'re on, colburn, but at least we can walk along it with you.

Unread 07-14-2000, 03:14 PM

Kim - I'm so sorry. But know that we are all here for you. Hearing the "c" word is a jolt - and no doubt you'll be on a bit of a roller coaster emotionally. Come here any time to let it all hang out...many of us have been there, too, and will try to help in any way we can.
You're in my prayers.
Molly
Unread 07-15-2000, 08:52 PM

Dear Sisters with Ovarian Cancer,

I had an ovarian tumor that was the size of a cantaloupe before I had my annual visit, and my DR found it. My oncologist says that is not behaving malignant, so it is benign. Believe me, I know how lucky I am.

When I first found out I had concerns only about myself and my health. Then I became so angry that all of us women are pretty much sitting ducks since there is really no reliable
way for catching this thing. I can relate that I had no symptoms, and the abdominal enlargement I related to just getting fat!

Did any of your doctors ever tell you at any of your checkups in the past about the symptoms of ovarian cancer? I know that I never heard or read about them. I am one of those gals that have my check up like clockwork every year and so glad now that I do. Now, I am like a poster woman for all my friends reminding them to get in for their exam.

Unread 07-24-2000, 07:53 PM
ovarian tumor

Hi all, I have been reading all of your letters trying to find any info I can. The doc just found an ovarian tumor when I felt I could not hold my stomach in. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on the 2nd of August and after the cat scan and ultra sound, they still cant tell me that it isnt cancer. The assistant told me that the blood tests are normal. What does that sound like to all of you?? She said that is good news.. I had no symptoms other than a fuller stomach. I am 65 and have had 7 pregnancies and 7 babies and never been sick a day in my life. I too am praying for all of you with your problems. Let me know if any of you have had anything like I have. thanks ps. Donna from texas will you e-mail me , yours sounded a lot like mine. [email protected]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register