Commercials....have you noticed? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Commercials....have you noticed? Commercials....have you noticed?

Unread 07-15-2002, 06:27 AM
Commercials....have you noticed?

that they immediately discontinued the Prempro commercials after the study information was released last week! I would see them a couple of times a day and haven't seen them since.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2002, 11:19 PM

Yep, noticed! Wyeth stock prices dropped, also- couldn't have happened to an eviler company!
Unread 07-16-2002, 06:04 AM

But, in the latest copy of one of the woman's magazines, you can see how hard they were pushing Prempro lately, with celebrity endorsements, a huge spread asking how a woman could deny herself this miracle, and a pull out card where you could send for your "free menopause kit." Oops.

Pellice
SAH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2002, 11:19 AM

That's funny. Wyeth funded a book in 1968 that stated 'A man is a man for life, but after a certain age a woman is a c*a*s*t*r*a*t*e. How dare they!?

I'll forgoe their miracle, thank you very much!
Unread 07-16-2002, 07:35 PM

Interesting!
In Australia last week Wyeth made a press release that they advised women to stay on Prempro for a short period of time 1-3 years. Covering their butts.
We must remember that the study applied to Prempro only and that women on estrogen only are still continuing the trial. I must admit though that even with Premarin they are advising more caution and going public with it, not something they did before.
Warnings are on the package inserts anyway, always have been, so it's a bit of a PR exercise for them after pressure being applied- they were forced to make a comment.
Time to research the bio-identicals methinks, maybe this will force the issue..........but I don't know where the funding will come from.
The big pharmacueticals are the ones (at least here anyway) that fund the studies .........................in an 'indirect' way at times, but they still fund them!
Unread 07-16-2002, 10:35 PM

They fund them pretty directly out this way. Grass-roots lobbying is the only thing I can think of. The politicos have been happy to take Wyeth's money and limit any other studies. The way I see it, the more info that comes out about all this, the better. We need to let the Powers That Be know that we insist on nhrt studies.

You know what's funny, there is a drug company that funded a study in CA regarding Hep A infection in Latino children. Surprise- the study showed a higher rate of of infection than in gen pop. Now- this absolutely horrifies me- the drug company has sponsored legislation to make Hep A vaccines mandatory for CA counties with a large Latino population. They manufacture the vaccine, of course.

Is it just me, or is this WAY not okay?:eyes:
Unread 07-17-2002, 06:17 PM

No it's not just you It happens and it's not common knowledge amongst the general population. Now that we have more access to this info there are questions being asked. This is a public board and I could go into great detail about what goes on over here...........but for legal reasons I can't and won't, it's not the place for it. Suffice to say that once I smelt a rat I started digging and was appalled at what I found, and that's only what I could find There's probably a whole lot more. But I have to have concrete proof and I have neither the resources or the legal backup to do that. But, I can and will make a noise with the appropriate authorities once I get my own health problems sorted.
Do what you can and make a noise with people who will listen. Every little bit helps.
Unread 07-17-2002, 07:07 PM

Okay, now I have to know! Would you e-mail me?
[email protected]
Unread 07-17-2002, 07:28 PM

And this is rather predatory too: here in the NYC market, a radio commercial has just begun within the past day or two warning about "millions of women at risk of heart troubles" because a "new study" has shown that HRT, "including estrogen and progestin" (notice the sleazy wording here to include all possible variations rather than the combo tested by the study) puts them at higher risk, etc. etc. They want you to come take their scan, at a nice price of course, although they claim it's discounted because of the pathos of the whole situation.

Are we the prey?

Pellice
SAH/BSO
Unread 07-17-2002, 07:49 PM

Absolutely! The bright spot here is that more of us are starting to realize that we are prey. Just have to figure out what to do about it!

If this was a prostate issue, every possible alternative would be researched and studied to death.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register