Ovarian cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Ovarian cyst

Hello, its been a really long time since I last visited this site. It has been one year since my hysterectomy. I still have my ovaries and last week I had awful stomach pains. The doctors did blood test and finally decides to do a CAT scan and they said I had a ovarian cyst burst. Is this comman? Anyone have these? I called my GYN and he said they are fairly common and not to worry. My first thought was cancer. I insisted on a CA125 test...which is a blood test that will test for cancer of the ovaries. The have this test, but are reluctant to use it. I am not sure why. Please let me know if anyone out there has had these. Take care ladies...one year post op and I love it! Just take it easy and let the family pamper you! It is normal to feel weak, your body is trying to tell you to take it easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2002, 09:44 PM
Ovarian cyst

I have had cysts on my ovaries that ruptured twice. Apparently it does happen sometimes. Glad you got it checked out though.

s
Unread 07-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Ovarian cyst

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy last Sept. the Dr. left my left ovary, well this year was having awful stomach pains, went to ER found out I had cysts on my remaining ovary, ended up having surgery again on July 11, he cut me the same way as he did last year, it was like having the hyst. all over again.

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2002, 10:08 PM
CA125

Well I had a C125 test but never found out the results of it. It depends on your insurance company. They have to mail it in to the insurance company to preform!!! My surgery was before the results came in.
I had an orange sized cyst in me when I had my ovaries out this month. Glad that is over!!!
Unread 07-21-2002, 10:09 PM
Ovarian cyst

I had a TAH on July 9 for large fibroids...and when they were in there they found a cyst on an ovary...were able to remove it an keep both ovaries. Doc was surprised it was there but part of the reason for the hyst was the fact that she could not feel the ovaries during pelvic exam because of the big fibroids..

Good luck to you.

Ann
Unread 07-21-2002, 10:19 PM
Hi Marralee,

I had my TAH/RSO on June 4, 2002, Dr left my left ovary because it looked good and took my right ovary because it had a large cyst on it. At about 3 weeks post-op, I started to have an increase in pain, finally my DR sent me to have a CT scan which found a cyst the size of a tennis ball. I have since had 2 ultrasounds and am scheduled for another one in 4 weeks. My DR doesnt want to do the surgery again unless it is absolutely necessary and I agree. Very devastating though after all that we have already been through and it hurts like the Dickens!
Please let us know how you are doing.
Dawn
Unread 07-22-2002, 06:11 AM
Ovarian cyst

In March/April I didn't feel right in lower tummy area & went to my OBY/GYN who did a pelvic & couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary. But he had me have an ultrasound & discovered a cyst in my right ovary, which might or might not be part of my cycling.
He repeated this process in May, CA-125 w/in normal limits but cyst still there, golf ball size, & he recommended TAH/BSO. (also factored into this is a strong cancer history in my family...lost 2 older sisters to breast cancer). Went to GYN/ONCOLOGIST for second opinion & had her do the surgery at large teaching hospital. Felt much better that if it was cancerous she and the hospital could handle the worse. It was benign, (yeah), but they did run into some weird mass of blood vessels, so glad I was at a super hospital.

All I can say is read, read, read so that you can ask questions as needed. Your hospital may have a medical library open to the public. I gather there are different types of cysts. The hard part is balancing being an informed patient and not hysterical patient from getting yourself scared by reading,

blissful
Unread 07-26-2002, 09:35 PM
Ovarian cyst

Thank you so much for all your replies. I love this cite. I am feeling much better now. I stopped having the ab pains just like the doctor said I would. I still get a little bit of ache once in a while, I guess that is my body healing. I really don't want another surgery. It has been seven days since my Ca125 test..I am hoping I get the results back without hassle. I don't know why this test is such an issue with the doctors and insurance company. I too have cancer in my family, my mother passed away with breast cancer and my aunt had either ovarian or uteran cancer I'm not sure.

Does anyone know if ovarian cyst make you retain water. While searching for why my stomach was a mess they did a blood test and everything came out okay...but since my 2 surgeries (gall bladder and hyst) I have gained 25 lbs! This is in 2 years. I always look like I am swollen. I often can't get my rings off and I love my jewerly. Let me know if any of you have had this problem too.

Thanks again for being there hystersisters!
Unread 02-23-2004, 11:38 PM
ruptured ovarian cyst

I am hoping that someone has had the same horrible experience I am having now and confirm that you had the same symptoms I am having. It feels like period cramps gone psycho but only on my right side. I had a ct scan. They think I either had an ovarian cyst burst or diverticulitis. I have been crying all day. I dont want to believe that its diverticulitis, and I think they are wrong. I feel like its like Im in labor on my right side. When I sit its uncomfortable. When I stand for more than a minute or so, Its painful in my lower right abdomen. Is this a burst cyst? Does it sound familiar to anyone or am I going out of my mind. If it is a burst cyst, why does it still hurt? Why wont the pain stop. They put me on 2 kinds of antibiotic for diverticulitis, (the condition I believe they are wrong about). Will the antibiotics help my cyst bursting pain? I have no fever. Just pain and gassy belly from all the meds. Please wont someone help me before I cry myself to sleep again. I am wondering if hysterectomy is in my future? I am not there yet, but wondering. Thanks for your suggestions. Kieramc
Unread 02-23-2004, 11:42 PM
and...

I have been in pain since the first day of my last cycle the 17th. Its the 23rd, I need some relief.....waaahhhh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register