Sad today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-22-2002, 03:13 PM
Sad today

My friend, Susie, who was my rock during my cancer ordeal, died of ovarian cancer yesterday. To be honest, she wasn't supposed to live as long as she did, but that doesn't make me any less sad.

I'm ing and for her today because she's not in any more pain. Her sons and granddaughter were with her when she "went home."

Susie ran in the Olympic Torch relay, and I was looking at my pictures today and remembering how totally alive she was that day.

I certainly hope that my doctors don't find a recurrance of my cancer, because I'm not sure I can be quite as strong without her in my corner.

OK, I'm rambling. Sorry. I just needed to get some venting done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2002, 03:27 PM
A Prayer for Susie

We all have those "rocks" and when they go, a part of us goes with them. I understand your sadness and yet your celebrating her going Home and lack of any more pain. But who says you don't have Susie in your corner? You do! If you ever want to know a really personal story that's kept me going, just e-mail me and I'll direct you to a very special website that persuaded me to "go public" with it. For Susie a er and also a er for you too.
Unread 07-22-2002, 04:17 PM
Sad today

(((Evie))))
I am so very sorry for your loss. It is so very hard to let go, but knowing she is at peace and out of pain is of some comfort to you I am sure. We recently had a death in my family to cancer as well, and I know that as hard as it is to lose them, its so much harder to see them in pain.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I sure agree with Margaret, that Susie is with you and will always be in your corner. May your wonderful memories keep her close to you always!
Hugs
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2002, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry

Evie--

I am very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that Susie fought the good fight, but she is now in the Lord's loving arms. I know that she is looking down on us and encouraging us to go on and fight our fights. I am going to Relay for Life this Friday and I will be lighting a candle in one of the bags in Susie's name.

Love always,

Cyndy
Unread 07-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Sad today

EvieF

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, and mentor, Susie.
Do something really nice and nurturing for yourself... in remembrance of your special friend...

My thoughts & prayers are with you. And if the sad day comes that your cancer returns... you have this board, and the wonderful sisters who will love and support you....

I believe Susies spirit is with you, just not with her body...

Donna
Unread 07-23-2002, 07:32 AM
Sad today

You have us in your corner. God Bless and stay strong.
Unread 07-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Sad today

Hi Evie,
I am so sorry for your loss,I will continue to pray for you.I know Susie is looking down from Heaven and smiling at you,she will always be in your heart.

Father God in Heaven, lift Evie's spirits, comfort her heart, ease her pain, give her the peace and strength she needs to go on. Wrap your comforting arms around her, let her know that you are there. Help her to cherish the precious moments she had with her mentor and dear friend. While she says farewell to her, hold her up and carry her through this difficult time. Fill the void with joy that her friend is finally at peace and with you lord. Be with the family of this love one, hold them together as they prepare to say their good byes, let the family know in their hearts she is in a better place. We ask this special prayer in your comforting name, Amen.

Evie, and Please tell the family, I send my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 07-23-2002, 04:58 PM
Thank you!

You ladies are wonderful. Thank you for your prayers and wishes.

The memorial service is tomorrow. I got a call today that the family wants me to sing. So if you're thinking about it around 5:00 MDT, say a quick prayer for me that I can get through the service without totally losing it.

I'm reacting to a lot of things in a wierd way today. I know that's part of grieving. But I should have come here earlier.... it would have given me a boost!

Thank you again!
Unread 07-23-2002, 05:56 PM
Sad today

I am so sorry about your friend. I think I know how you feel as I lost one of my very special girl friends to ovarian cancer one year ago Thanksgiving.
The amazing thing is I feel her with me. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in Feb this year, and I believe that she has been with me through the surgery and the chemo. Like my personal ovarian angel.
I just talked with her mom yesterday and we all miss her so much. I don't think you ever "get over it", but you "get on with it".
She left me her cat, which has been a major blessing. As he did for her, he stays with me when I'm sick in bed from chemo and when I had both surgeries.
I hope that you can find some comfort soon. I believe she's looking out for you!
Unread 07-25-2002, 02:53 PM
Thanks again!

Her service was beautiful. A tribute to her life and her Lord, just like she wanted. The tears and laughter both flowed freely.

My eyes burn today from crying yesterday, but today, I'm able to smile a little more. Her parents and sons were very thrilled with how things went, and were confident that Suz would have loved it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register