Back to helping me think straight... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to helping me think straight... Back to helping me think straight...

Unread 07-23-2002, 03:27 AM
Back to helping me think straight...

Ok, I'm not concerned about weight gain? Ten pounds means little too me anyway, I have a lot too loose.
Most will agree I probably don't have cancer but if I have endometrious (which I think I do) along with my huge ugly sepeated cysts, does my uterus have to go anyway to put an end to my problems?
(Problems meaning very bad periods)
keggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2002, 05:37 PM

HI KEGGY,
I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR POSTS BUT HAVE NO SOLUTIONS
FOR YOUR QUESTIONS.
I CAN SUGGEST YOU MAKE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DOCTOR AND BEFORE GOING TO SEE HIM, WRITE DOWN ALL THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED WITH. THIS WAY YA WON'T FORGET ANYTHING. DRILL HIM UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED
WITH THE ANSWERS. THAT'S ABOUT ALL I CAN RECOMMEND.
GOOD LUCK
Unread 07-24-2002, 05:01 AM
Agree with Puppy2

Your doctor is your most reliable/accurate source of information. Make a list of questions and see him/her again--or get a second opinion with another gyn/onc if you would feel more comfortable listening to another doctor go over things (second opinion is always a good idea). For what it's worth, before we knew I had OVCA and I had the one pre-op visit with the gyn (I'd never heard of gyn/onc's and no one told me--but that's another tale) and he knew the ovaries would go I asked about leaving the uterus because I didn't want anything more out than needed. I was opposed to letting it go. He explained that it would take only a few more minutes to take that out and easiest at that time and would then ensure no future problems with that organ, no repeat surgery if it'd cause problems in the future. Even though at that time I didn't know I had the cancer, it made sense to me and I know if I'd had plain, not cancerous, cystic ovaries, I'd be thankful at the same time the uterus went. But that's me--not you. For you, I do recommend writing down all the questions (make a duplicate copy so you and doctor have them and can go through together) and making another appointment or consider asking him/her for a referral for another opinion. Remember: the doctor's the one with the knowledge, training and experience and I'd go back or ask for a referral for another opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2002, 06:59 AM
2nd opinion

Puppy, I do feel the same way you do. I know it makes the most sense to take everything out cancer or not. The one thing that puzzles me is people saying you may just have endo, why take everything out? I'm just curious if I had endometrious and a cyst wouldn't they still need to take the uterus? And if not wouldn't they still have to take the uterus to end my period problems?

I don't have access to any other onc/gyns there is only one other, who is pretty far way. The thing is this guy is I have is one the best they say.
I plan to discuss all these things with him whenhe returns, but getting feedback & info from you guys helps a great deal.
Keg
Unread 07-24-2002, 03:24 PM

KATHY,

YOU HAVE TO STOP THINKING SO MUCH AND GET THAT DOCTOR TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HON, WE ARE NOT DOCTORS
HERE AND WE CAN'T SAY WHAT MAY BE GOOD FOR ONE PERSON WILL BE JUST AS GOOD FOR THE OTHER.
NOW, I AM NOT COMPARING A COLD WITH CANCER BUT, LOOK!!
I MAY GET RID IF MY COLD FASTER THAN YOU AND FEEL MUCH BETTER, YOU ON THE OTHER HAND MAY STILL HAVE IT FOR 5 MORE DAYS AND NEED STRONGER MEDS. SEE?? EVERYONE IS
DIFFERENT YA WORRY SO MUCH WHEN YOU HAVE AN EXCELLANT DOCTOR FROM WHAT YOU SAY!! YOU MUST SPEAK TO HIM AND MAKE HIM GIVE YOU ALL YOUR ANSWERS. HE AS A DOCTOR IS OBLIGATED TO DO THIS, HE MUST!!
ARE YOU PLANNING ON HAVING CHILDREN?? OR ORE YOU FEELING THAT YOU WILL BE LESS THAN YOU ARE?? NO-NO :no_no:
THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN . THE WEIGHT GAIN CAN ALWAYS BE LOST IF YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH, THE SEX IS STILL GOOD, AND NO ! YOUR NOT GOING TO GROW OLD OVERNIGHT.
ANOTHER YOU WORRY TOO MUCH. GET THAT DOC AND START INTERRIAGATING HIM LIKE HELL>>
GO DO IT!!
Unread 07-24-2002, 03:27 PM

OPPS!! FORGOT ONE THING. GET A PAPER AND PEN. WRITE ALL THE THINGS YOUR ARE ASKING HERE AND GET HIM TO ANSWER YOU. AFTER THAT COME BACK AND TELL US.
YOU'LL SEE HOW MUCH BETTER YA FEEL.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register