Released @ 5 wks woohoo! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Released @ 5 wks woohoo! Released @ 5 wks woohoo!

Unread 07-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Released @ 5 wks woohoo!

Yipppeee!!!

Had my 5 wk post op appt and I am FREE!!!!
Doc said everything looks great. Still have to go once a year for a vaginal cuff smear. I ended up having a few things more wrong with me than he thought. endo,adenomyosis,ahesions. My blood loss was 300 cc which is equal to 10 oz. uterus weighed 100 gms my ovaries are starting to wake up. Feeling great! Nervous about the intercourse Doc said take it slow,use lub and no Kinky stuff....LoL right!!! I go back to work aug 5 th. Ladies the path and the OP report are so informative, I get lost in my own world reading them. So glad its all out of me and I can now look forward to a normal life. Wishing you all well
s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Released @ 5 wks woohoo!

Congratulations on a great checkup. Now, don't go jumping into everything with both feet or you will be sore. Start in slow and easy and continue to listen to your body. I'm glad everything is going so well for you. Take care!
Unread 07-23-2002, 02:29 PM
Released @ 5 wks woohoo!

Congratulations, same day sister! I don't go in until next Wednesday, but expect to get released then.

Take good care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2002, 04:53 PM
not fair!!!

awww man you guys!!! This isn't fair...I have to wait till I am almost 7 weeks for my final checkup, since doc is on vacation till then.
How are you both feeling? I'm doing ok, feeling a great spurt of energy this past week...still trying to take it easy, but I have to say that sometimes I forget that I had surgery.
Today one of my DDs got their period and I was reminded how wonderful this has been not to be bleeding all over!
I still have few twinges from the bladder, figured they were spasms. Drinking more water has helped, but sometimes it really catches you off guard.
Btw Ezluvnz...how did you get your path and your OP report? Doc only told me what the report said.
bye ladies!
s
Unread 07-25-2002, 05:22 PM
Awww Debb!

Sorry honey, that you have to wait! My doc went on vacation just before my surgery, and I'm sure glad now!

I asked my doc's receptionist for the Op report --- there was a copy of it in my file and she copied it for me.

Post op appointment will be none too soon --- both DH and I are ready to have some fun after this abstinance!

s
Unread 07-26-2002, 08:36 AM
Released @ 5 wks woohoo!

Hi there Lynda!

Thanks for the info about the OP report, just adding it to the list of things to ask/talk about.
Something weird happened last night, started spotting a very little bit...normal? If it keeps up I'll call the doc, of course this happens on a Friday, right?

I know what you mean about the waiting...

Good luck on your appt next week, keep us posted.

s
Unread 07-26-2002, 08:50 AM
Did you overdo yesterday?

Hi Deb,

Did you overdo yesterday? I've had NO spotting at all (was expecting some from stitches dissolving, etc.), but I have been a real slug. I've never had the time (or opportunity) to be this lazy before! Have almost finished knitting an afghan for my niece (in the early morning hours before it gets too warm, watching lots of movies, reading books...am walking at least a mile a day, but taking it VERY easy until next week.

s
Unread 07-26-2002, 09:02 AM
Released @ 5 wks woohoo!

Hi Lynda,

Nope, didn't over do anything, was supposed to do laundry, but put that off, now the girls can do it today since I'm not taking any chances!

I don't have any "pain" so to speak, but I do have a nagging tugging feeling. Could stitches disolving have anything to do with it?

I swear the minute I start to feel really great something knocks me back down...oh well, it's almost the weekend, I think I'll stay in my jammies...(there is truth in that when you get dressed in regular clothes everyone thinks you are all better)

s
Unread 07-26-2002, 09:15 AM
Spotting

Deb,

I've actually thought that it was more unusual that I haven't had spotting! Hopefully one of the more experienced will be able to shed some light. From what I've read, though, it does sound like the result of stitches dissolving.

s!
Unread 07-26-2002, 09:22 AM
Released @ 5 wks woohoo!

Lynda,

Guess thats why I got so nervous, never ever had any spotting since the surgery. I thought myself extremely lucky too.

Thanks for your help and kind words. Talk to you later

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register