what is this pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what is this pain? what is this pain?

Unread 07-23-2002, 05:47 PM
what is this pain?

I have been diagnosed with complex hyperplasia with atypia. The doc told me he could not guarantee that there was not cancer already, but the tissue supplied to the path only showed CHA. Wednesday afternoon the most intense pain in the lower left abdomen set in. No matter what I took to relieve the pain didn't even phase it. The intense pain continued until Saturday, at which time it eased dramatically. It would only hurt when I got mobile, as long as I sat still, I could pretend that there was no pain. The pain is still there, and still worse when I move, but it has gotten to a tolerable stage. I have a pre-op appt with my doc on 8/15. Since the pain decreased so much on Saturday (although it hasn't changed much since) do you think it will be alright to just wait to see the doc in 3 weeks? I,ve never experienced that kind of pain before. Is there a sister who has felt this? I am post menopausal, taking 40mg of Megase a day to see if this will control the CHA. I called the doctor's office and was told that I should have gone to the emergency room to have the pain investigated. I have long been a person who waits it out to see if it will go away before I run to a doctor, much less an emergency room.
please let me know.

Valerie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2002, 06:29 PM
what is this pain?

Hi Valerie,
God love ya!! You shouldn't have to wait until mid August to be seen, and you really should go to ER just to let them check you out. It could be so many things, and certainlly doesn't mean its serious, but if it is causing you discomfort, you really should have it checked!
I know what its like to "wait out pain"...and I am or at least was terrified of hospitals and doctors for that matter. I suffered with a really severe pain for 2 weeks, and even then my sisters had to threaten me with bodily harm to get my butt to the doctor. I am very thankful to them for doing that now.
Really though, if your own doctor can't squeeze you in, don't suffer with it. I am sure the ER will be able to find the source and give you something for it.
Keep us posted!!
Gentle hugs,
Maria
Unread 07-23-2002, 07:15 PM
what is this pain?

s Valerie

I am so sorry you are waiting until mid August to see the doc. A visit to the ER often gets necessary testing done much sooner and the doc would also see you sooner, depending on the ER tests results. Just speeds up the whole process.
People visit the ER for the simplest darn things. Colds, 24 hour viruses, etc....
Don't ever hesitate with abdominal pain. You would be ultra sounded, CAT scanned, quicker than you can imagine. As well as lab work.
Hope you are feeling a little better each day. Keep in touch.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2002, 08:16 PM
complex atypical hyperplasia and pain

I also was diagnosed with this condition. I had heavy bleeding and the doctor ordered ultrasound (both types) and then a D&C. I was taking Provera (a form of progesterone) to help with the bleeding, but I think it caused me more pain. My surgeon took me off the Provera because he said it wasn't helping me anyway. It seemed that my pain was controlled with Tylenol. I am not going to say it went away, but it was tolerable.
Get to a doctor now because there may be something your doctor can do for you. Also, it's not a good idea to 'wait it out' when you are dealing with your health. Please call your doctor tomorrow and make an appointment. Your doctor may even consider moving up your surgery date. If that is not possible, then get to the ER as suggested by the other ladies.
Unread 07-23-2002, 11:39 PM
what is this pain?

Hi Valerie,
I agree with the other sisters here. I would see a doctor today. If your doctor can't squeeze you in, ask if one of his associates can see you. You need to be ascertive with the medical establishment.

We can't fool around with this dx. (I have the same one.) Hopefully it is someting innocent, (the Megace gives me outrageous gas), but on the off chance it is something important your doctor needs to know now.

If your Porsche were sputtering you would take it in and get it checked out right away. Your body is a lot more important than the most exotic car in the world. Get it checked out.

Good Luck.

Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register