What funnies are hanging on your Refrigerator Door | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What funnies are hanging on your Refrigerator Door What funnies are hanging on your Refrigerator Door

Unread 07-24-2002, 06:26 AM
What funnies are hanging on your Refrigerator Door

Ok, We all do this, so what little gems do you keep on your refrigerator door. I'll start with one, but I'll be back with several more goodies.
This has been hanging on my refrigerator door for almost 15 years now. I've re-done it a couple of times, as it starts to get ragged from hanging there, but I have always loved it.

The job of a housewife is an executive position. In your home, you are the director of health, education and welfare, the secretary of the treasury, the head of entertainment and public relations, and the chariman of the house rules committee. And you'd have to be married to a millionaire to be paid what your're really worth!

Come on Ladies, "What's On Your Refrigerators".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2002, 06:39 AM

I had one for years from Dennis the Menace -- Margaret and Gina had switched hairstyles and clothes and toys, Dennis and Joey stared in astonishment -- the caption was something like "That ought to confuse them!"
Unread 07-24-2002, 07:14 AM

Well, it's not a cartoon funny but's a plaque that says "Life is a game - softball is serious". My daughter plays softball about 8 months out of the year! But luckily, it's still just a game to her.

Now, my favorite funny of all time which I have hanging up at work is a Dilbert cartoon. Alice, the pointy haired girl, is getting her performance review. The boss asks her "Lastly, what have you done to improve the morale or your co-workers?". Alice responds, "I didn't give them the beatings they so richly deserve." The boss replies, "I'll shorten that to team player". I absolutely love that one. And I've had those feelings so many times myself....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2002, 07:25 AM

Ok, I have a magnetic sign of Maxine (that old lady from Hallmark cards, I just love her). There is a picture of Maxine with the saying, "I believe that no problem is so large or difficult that it can't be blamed on somebody else".
Unread 07-24-2002, 07:58 AM
I have a few.....

1. Because I'm the Mommy that's why!
2. I suffer from a sexually transmitted disease...children!
3. Raising children is like being pecked to death by a duck!
4. Husband and Dog missing....$100 reward for the Dog.
5. 3 things real men can't say...I'm lost....I need directions....I can fix it.
6. It starts when you sink in his arms and it ends with your arms in the sink!
7. You can never be too rich, too thin or own too many silk blouses!
8. I don't believe in miracles...I rely on them!
9. A home should be clean enough to be healthy and messy enough to be happy.
And my favorite (I'm married to a Bass Fisherman)
10. Fishing....A jerk on one end of a line waiting for a jerk at the other.

Janet
Unread 07-24-2002, 10:01 AM

I have a kitty magnet that says "if someone doesn't like cats they obviously never owned one"
Unread 07-24-2002, 10:44 AM
What's on my refrigerator?

I have two clip-outs from the comics section.

One is a Hi & Lois cartoon. Lois is sitting at a table with a big box of chocolates. Hi says, "Who bought you the candy?" Lois answers, "I bought it for myself." Hi says, "Bad day?" to which Lois replies, "It screamed 'chocolate'!" In the background you can see the kids fighting and one yelling, "MOM!"

The other is my favorite. It's a Garfield cartoon where Jon tells Garfield, "Garfield, I don't think you could get any fatter." In the next frame, Garfield's eyes light up and he grins. In the last frame, Garfield is gone and Jon says, "That wasn't a challenge!" Garfield yells back, "I'll need cupcakes!"
Unread 07-24-2002, 03:02 PM

Ok, so my frig has way to much stuff on it. Here's another one. This is a quote from a Jimmy Buffett song that I like. DD typed it up for me so I could hang it up.

Indicision
May or May Not
Be My Problem.
Unread 07-24-2002, 04:55 PM

I have alot of things on my refrigerator, but one of the funniest, and most recent additions if one my DH picked up at a store called "Big Dogs," it says:

BIG DOG MOM
She Who Must Be Obeyed!

I think that says it all...LOL!
Unread 07-24-2002, 05:16 PM

I have one of Maxine (the old lady from Hallmark) holding an American flag. The caption reads: "It's one nation under God or bite my ***."

Anyway, I thought it was funny...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register