Ohhhh.... kids say the darnedest things! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ohhhh.... kids say the darnedest things! Ohhhh.... kids say the darnedest things!

Unread 07-25-2002, 11:22 PM
Ohhhh.... kids say the darnedest things!

I am 2 weeks and 2 days post op and I'm getting around pretty good. I am pretty pleased with my recovery so far.... but I DO HATE this swelly belly.

Get this...

I went to church Sunday and this little girl.... I'm guessing she was about 13 years old.... came up to me smiling so sweetly and said, "Are you pregnant?"

Lord, I coulda drop-kicked her right there! However, I politely said, "no, sweetie." I didn't realize my tummy was quite THAT swollen... rather embarrassing indeed... but funny too.

I was kind of walking a little slow... and had my hand near my tummy a lot (for protection) but it DID hurt my feelings and embarrass me a little.

It's so weird. I have been SO LAZY for the past couple of years.... knowing I needed to exercise but putting it off. And now, that's ALL I can think about! I keep counting down the days to when I can pick up my 3 and 5 lb weights and do a little hard-core exercise.

I read some of the other posts on swelly belly so I thought you all might appreciate my little embarrassing moment!

Bekki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2002, 08:34 AM

Bekki:

Thanks for sharing that story. I enjoyed it. I sure can understand how embarrassed you were. I bet she was too.

Becky
Unread 07-26-2002, 08:56 AM

Hi Bekki

Glad to hear to are getting around. The does seem to be a unwelcome but unavoidable side effect. I can't seem to be able to wear pants that I could wear even before my TAH & TT. Here,I took off about 10 lb. and all that poochy belly, but my waist is larger and stiff, so even elastic seems to cut. I don't know what I'm going to wear when I go back to work. I have to go in for a day on the 5th. Maybe, my beach coverup???

I also seem to have this little ball in front that sticks out! Because of the TT it can't go anywhere and it does look I'm pregnant, and even feels like it! Is anyone else's swelly belly hard ???? I am still wearing the binder almost all the time, If I take it off, my belly feels even worse!

I still don't regret ANYTHING, though
Take care
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2002, 12:02 PM

There's nothing quite like being told "you mustn't exercise, not even a little" to get ya motivated.

Be patient - it's been a long road so far - a couple more curves and you'll be able to pick up those weights soon enough.
Unread 07-26-2002, 01:13 PM

Here I am with lots of gray hair, holding my stomach and walking just like I was pregnant. And with the swelly belly, I have a feeling they are going "No...SHE couldn't be...pregnant???!!!" (Old girl with new tricks?) LOL. And that's even after a TT!! Ahhh, just keep 'em guessing. But sure hope it goes down soon!
Unread 07-27-2002, 10:31 AM
I know the feelin'

I had my TAH/BSO with tummy tuck on July 11th and I can't wear anything except like summer dresses and elastic waist stuff. It looks kind of funny on me, because the waist part of me is big, but under my belly button, it is flat, so my pants or shorts are all just hanging right there. I do look pregnant...... I still have the swelly belly, or the no waist syndrome, and it is quite hard. I wear my binder 24-7 just because I feel better with it on. My doc says that I don't have to wear it at night, but I do just to feel better. On the other hand, with the hyst you shouldn't wear binding clothes,,,,duh...kinda like a catch 22 huh? Oh well, one day, I will look normal again. I have lost about 20 lbs. in the last 2 weeks, and still can only wear my old elastic waist stuff......so I know the feelin'........good luck to all!!!!!!!

Yolanda
TAH/BSO with tt on July 11th, 02
Unread 07-27-2002, 02:55 PM

my DGrandD crawled up in my bed yesterday to talk to me ---all of a sudden she stopped and this looked came over her face and she asked what is that smell? i told her is was the smell of a healing wound--grangma's belly(she was right next to my belly)--she slid off my bed left my room and curled up on my couch to take her nap. do you think i will be remembered as stinky mema?
janice72
Unread 07-27-2002, 03:35 PM

Janice-

I think she'll remember a mema that she could ask anything and get an answer, and curl up with when she wanted. Oh, and that was stinky ONCE. LOL!!!
Unread 07-27-2002, 04:13 PM
Kids? Adults too!

I went to the gyn yesterday to see about some BM problems (solved with Colase and Vicoden, thank you very much!)
This pregant girl came waddling in and began to chat with me. She mentioned that it was her third pregnancy and she was having some troubles and was griping about having to drink a liter of water before getting there. I just sat and nodded, then she looked at me and said, Oh, when are you due?
I wanted to say, I delivered two weeks ago! But thought that might be tactless, so I just said, I just had a hysterectomy. She was very embarrassed, but I thought it was funny!
Unread 07-27-2002, 04:39 PM

Oh bekki,

I can relate, I walked around looking 7 months pregnant and the last time someone asked me when I was due, I laughed it off like I heard it everday, trying to make them feel better, what clods. At least your assault was from a child, I would have taken that a bit easier.

I just can't wait to be able to look down and see something other than my big tummy. I am starting to go down a bit now, so thankful.

We'll get through this!!

LSH 7/19

3 softball size cyst on tube, adhesions, bladder pressure, horrendous periods, pain in back down legs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register