The News Was Very Bad Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The News Was Very Bad Today The News Was Very Bad Today

Unread 07-26-2002, 01:20 PM
The News Was Very Bad Today

I'm quadrupled again--38 to 161. I started this whole thing at 162. I knew it'd be up but I was hoping to be still under 100. So...next Friday I am going to start back on carboplatin. That makes for the week from hell, but I think it'd be harder trying to wait over the weekend. Doctor hopes the carboplatin will either level this off or keep the rising at a slower pace. We'll know more after about three what for sure is going on with that and whether to continue or stop at that point. Man--I didn't think it'd run this fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2002, 01:28 PM

((((((Margaret)))))))
I am so sorry the news wasn't better today!!
Good lord you have been through so much, and I am sorry you have to start back on chemo, but its a good drug and I will be praying very hard for you that it does its work in bringing that number way down!!!
I wish so much that we all llived closer to each other so we could give you our hugs in person!!

Keeping you close in thought and prayer Margaret!!
Lots of love!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 07-26-2002, 02:37 PM

s Ellen

I am so sorry the news was not better. But I am pleased to read you are giving carboplatin another try. Hopefully when the chemo side effects subside, you may actually feel better as the tumor spots shrink. We'll even forgive you if you don't post as often for awhile. You are such a shining star on this site as a courageous, independent, fighting, feisty lady.
A role model for all of us!
Go for it!!! You can do it Ellen. Margaret Thatcher (I bet you two could be good friends) once said: Sometimes you have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi Margaret

I am so sorry to hear of your news today.
It must have been so disappointing and frightening to get that news. You have been so strong and comforting for so many here. I hope we are able to send some of it back and that the 's smile on you over the next few weeks.
ing you get good results with the next round of treatments.
Unread 07-26-2002, 04:32 PM

((( Margaret )))

I'm sending extra hugs to remind you that you are loved.
Unread 07-26-2002, 05:09 PM
{{{Margaret}}}

Hey Sweetie,
Just want you to know that I'm still praying. I'm so sorry the news wasn't what you had hoped for, I prayed for you all day today, and still am! You may be down but you're not out Ellen. We love ya And I want you to know that you have a very special place in my heart. The prayers just got cranked up a notch and we're storming heaven on your behalf! You can do this ELLEN!! This treatment may be just the thing to slow this thing down. We're all here for ya sister! The cheering squad is ready, so when you start that carboplatin, think of all of us shaking Pom Poms and saying, GO ELLEN GO!! (Now if you could see me, as big as I am, shaking pom poms, (just picture an elephant in a cheerleaders uniform and thats about right) it should really make ya crack up)
Sending many many 's and tons of prayers ! Just remember Ellen, God loves you and so do I!
Hugs and prayers and Angels,
Susan
Unread 07-26-2002, 05:53 PM

How sorry i was to hear the disappointing news. As you know i am on the taxol and carboplatim now and i know how it feels. If it cheers you up even a little....i was told that it is the taxol that makes your hair fall out and not the carbo....Gosh, how i hate hearing things like this.. you guys that have gone thru this already are my idols to look up to ask advice from...if i can help in any way please email me... my thoughts and prayers are with you. Rosalie
Unread 07-26-2002, 06:28 PM
Cheering Squad--LOL

Considering I got MORE bad news--the xray at urgent care last weekend spotted something that could be a stone in the one remaining kidney--I needed Susan's cheering squad. However...there is something more I need. Can one of you cheerleaders sneak in a snack and a cup of coffee? Honest--you get nothing except maybe cranberry "juice" that's 90% sugar water and "10% real juice" and they keep the temperature there just above freezing and if you get hungry during...forget it, not even a stale cracker from the Heart Center. So--if you're coming in to cheer, I'd like a Butter S cookie from La Brioche and a cup of Amaretto coffee.
Unread 07-26-2002, 07:07 PM

s again Ellen

I got my chemo in a cancer hospital where they had a large "infusion room."
They could probably seat 25 people in this room on recliner chairs. Like you described, you could also freeze in this room, if you didn't starve to death first. I often thought that some of the hospital volunteers could have been utilized to push around a small food cart with snacks, drinks, or even sandwiches at lunchtime. Also a small cart could have been pushed around with reading material: cancer info, magazines whatever. They did have little TV sets that popped out of the wall by each recliner. The friends or family with the patients usually seemed in control of the TV. We patients only wanted to be warm, well fed, and left in peace to nap. The nurses were great, it was mainly the environment that was the problem.
If I lived within driving distance from you, I would definitely bring you coffee and the cookies. But here I am on the east coast.......
Pack up your favorite blankie and a bag of goodies.
The taxol and carbo took so long to infuse. Hopefully with just the carbo you will be in and out in a flash. Will you be able to use your port for the chemo?

karenann
Unread 07-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Karenann, I Tried the Volunteer Idea

When I first went there. I said from firsthand experience I knew people were stuck (toxic chemicals--we're hazards walking around) and having a volunteer there over at least lunch hours (say 11-2 or so) to go get a sandwich or coffee or a cookie would be SO nice. Well, get this. Of course, having worked for government, I should have known. Bureaucracy. The hospital is the hospital. Period. One entity. The Oncology Clinic is from the Physicians Group. Another entity. That the Clinic is in the hospital and the physicians group and the hospital have this arrangement is nice. But the Physicians Group isn't interested in using its volunteers in this hospital because they're a aprt of another bigger hospital, sort of... And because it's the physicians group, the hospital can't use its volunteers. Sort of like the Hatfields and McCoys. Or the City and County, both with offices in the same building. City paid one week, County the next. City was City; County was County. Except County was responsible for cleaning the building, so County workers got paid to clean the City part of the building and believe me City didn't want to split costs... So I'll shiver and starve and dehydrate because someone decided we can only have 10% real juice and I'd have loved to be the first noontime volunteer and I know how much it'd mean.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register