Almost 10 months post op and killer PMS! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 10 months post op and killer PMS! Almost 10 months post op and killer PMS!

Unread 07-27-2002, 04:37 PM
Almost 10 months post op and killer PMS!

I had a TVH with bladder and rectal repairs on Oct. 3. I have recovered great!! My only real problem now is the PMS. i\I kept my ovaries and thought it would be better. I get sooo blue and irritable and my breast extremely sore. I suffered big time before surgery. I also take Wellbutrin for depression, have for 4 years. Maybe it is time to try something new? Anyone have any advice on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2002, 12:03 PM
10 months here, too...

Hi, frani! I remember seeing your postings on this web sote the same time I had my surgery...mine was Oct. 9th. Great to hear your recovery went well. Mine has, too...the only rela symptoms I have are some mood swings, and vaginal dryness. Other than that, I can't complain.
Unread 08-01-2002, 08:43 AM

Sounds like your hormone is not on track. Why don't you look over to the hormone jungle. Lots of good info there. I just went and looked at them and hey, even you may be lacking in some vitamins that may help you. I'm sure there will be other sister along to help you. Just go on over there and check it out.
Dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2002, 03:29 AM

I moved this thread from Beyond the Land of Hyster. Frani may get more responses in this forum.
Unread 08-04-2002, 07:59 AM
PMS

Frannie: I'm 52, will be 53 in Oct. Had my surgery over 3 yrs. ago. Kept ovaries. Last April blood test stated estrogen very low. Just last month I had the worse bout of hormonitis (my word!) then I've had in years. Had all the symptoms of estrogen overload (I take no hormones). I think we can spike like this for quite awhile. Imagine loading HRT on top of this, and seems like a recipe for much discomfort. Fortunately, I feel better this month, so far. Guess it's too our advantage. Means we still have some hormones going, and that is why we kept our ovaries. They still crank out some benefits. I am trying a mild OTC cream containing progesterone and weak phyto-estrogen. On 3rd week. So far, so good.
Unread 08-04-2002, 07:19 PM

Frani, I had essentially the same surgery you had, a year or so earlier (December 2000) and I also had to deal with extreme PMS symptoms for the first 6 months or so after my ovaries went back to work.

It was sooooo bad that I ended back in the ob/gyn's office at 5 months post op. At that time, he tested my hormones and thyroid but did say that, in his experience, it was very likely that the symptoms would relent. They did, around the 10th month post op.

These days, I will get the odd month with the awful PMS symptoms... but they're not as awful and it only lasts for a day or two.

Still, I think you should have your homone levels tested. If nothing else, your doctor might be able to give you somthing to help with the symptoms.

Sending tons of s your way. Please keep us posted.
Unread 08-04-2002, 08:28 PM

Frani:

I didnt keep my ovaries, but I just wanted to offer some 's

I hope you find an answer soon & get to feeling better

Susan
Unread 08-06-2002, 05:58 AM
(((( Frani))))

I can relate to your situation. I just had my hormone levels checked at 5 months post op, and they came back ok. I was not thrilled, and my family needed to have a change made to calm the raging sea within me! The gyn told me that he believed I was suffering from PMDD (PMS GONE BAD). (ha ha) I was already on zoloft for depression, but not working for me. So he switched me to Prozac. I finally feel calmer and clearer and more able to cope with stuff! Check with your doc. Maybe something is off, but they definitely should be able to do something for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register