An emotional Dr's appointment but also good | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

An emotional Dr's appointment but also good An emotional Dr's appointment but also good

Unread 07-28-2002, 09:13 PM
An emotional Dr's appointment but also good

Hiya gals!!

Sorry I've been away so much lately. Its been pretty rough around here lately, alot of it from work but also my attitude lately hasn't been the best.

Suffice it to say,I've been pouting I've just been dreading my oncology appointment which I had on Thursday. It was going to be and WAS my last appointment with my oncologist. Nope, its not because I've been released from his care, its because he is closing up his practice here in Denver and moving out of state. To make matters worse, my nurse (who has been absolutely wonderful!) is not going to another practice! She's been offered a wonderful opportunity to work strictly with the cancer patients in the hospital here. So yeah, I'm loosing them both as my "primary health care givers" since everything had to be checked through them.

So, while my appointment went well, my blood work came back fine, it just feels so unreal. I do NOT want another Dr, I know selfish of me, can't help it! I'm sure I'll get over it eventually and find another Dr who will take good care of me as well, but HE is the one who performed my surgery, fought with me and for me through two separate rounds of chemo and has taken good care of me ever since.

{sigh} I'm sorry I've been away so much, but this added to the rest of the real life "stuff" going on just threw me. Please accept my apologies and I will be here for you all again as you've always been for me.

's to all of you!

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 04:57 AM
Hi Vicki

I kind of understand, although Iwas all too glad to leave the first doctor and move on. If this one were to leave I don't know what I'd do. I might even have to go back to the first one, Dr. Death. Just going was hard--I felt like I had to sit perfectly still and not speak until given permission...with this one I'm more comfortable. Like basically the whole clinic--to go to our large University one here would send me running in the other direction to nowhere--it is impossible toget to period due to lots of construction right in front of it, finding where to park is blood pressure raising, getting into the place is hell, getting where you're to be is impossible (went there for support groups and my final decision to quit that group was the equal split of how it was run and the University "clique" who had it and the sheer frustration of getting there) and people are vrey unfriendly and it's like a conveyor belt/assembly line system. I think I'd just go back to my primary in internal medicine and say "pump me full of tranquilizers and pain killers." I'm sure you will find another doctor and nurse to work with and maybe even like as much in the future--but we get SO dependent on them psychologically as well as physically! They're our lifesavers, our hopes, and now for me, likely, our guide into elsewhere... Go ahead and because this is hard!
Unread 07-29-2002, 06:05 AM

s Vicki

I can imagine how hard this is for you!!!! I hope they offered you a very strong recommendation of where you should go.
Great news about your good checkup!!!!! How often are your checkups at this point? And how are those darn platelets behaving?
I've missed you around these parts. I hope everything settles down for you. But in the meantime, even we hostesses can come here and vent!

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 12:00 PM

Hi Vicki!!
Glad to hear your checkup went well!! Thats wonderful news!!
So sorry to hear your doctor is closing up shop though I am sure you will find someone new and just as nice! Its so hard training the new ones though isn't it?
Keep us posted on your hunt!!
Love & Hugs!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 07-29-2002, 03:40 PM

VICKI,
GREAT NEWS ON THE CHECK-UP!! :

BAD NEWS ON THE DOCTOR! I KNOW HOW YA FEEL, I GET USED TO ONE DOCTOR AND THE INSURANCE CO. GIVES ME ANOTHER BECAUSE THE DOC I HAD IS NO LONGER IN THE PLAN OR WHATEVER.
HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEWS?? ALOT OF DOCTORS ARE GIVING UP PRACTICE ALTOGRTHER AS THEY CAN NOT AFFORD THE INSURANCE RATES. WOW!! THAT'S NOT GOOD.

I AM SURE YOU'LL GET A GOOD DOCTOR AND NURSE.
WISHING YOU GOOD LUCK ON THAT.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register