How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 12-15-2002, 09:43 PM
KIND OF DEPRESSING!!!

I GOT MY NAME BASICALLY BECAUSE FOR YEARS I HAVE BEEN SO SAD ABOUT BEING IN PAIN. SO WHEN I FOUND THIS SITE IN NOVEMBER OF THIS YEAR I WAS DEPRESSED AND SAD SO HENSE THE NAME SADLY. NOW MOST OF THE TIME AT THE BOTTOM OF MY POST I WILL PUT NICKY....... MAYBE I JUST NEED TO CHANGE IT ALL TOGETHER......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2002, 10:10 PM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

I like "Nicky" a whole lot more than "Sadly", I hope "Sadly" won't fit you too much longer!

I don't actually surf ... my DBF does. We live about a half hour from Maverick's, that famous spot with the hundred foot waves in winter. He has vowed to surf Maverick's by his 50th birthday (he has about a year and a half to go). One day at the music store, he saw a CD by a group called the Butthole Surfers (hope that doesn't offend anyone, I didn't make it up, it's the group's real name) and it offended him, but he liked the idea, so he started signing his emails to me "Butthead Surfer" and addressing me as "Surferbabe", and it stuck. And I WILL get on a board some day, but for now I'm more likely to be found sitting on the beach watching.

s,
-Linda
Unread 12-16-2002, 02:04 PM

((((((((((sadly)))))))))) I hope "sadly" does not describe you much longer. You are at the right place, though, to get love and support and to just "sound off" when you need to.

All the best to you...

Love,
Maggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2002, 01:33 PM
How I chose my username

Hi Ya'll: I've had the username battyjunior for about 6 years. My dad is a real funny guy and he's always saying funny things like "your Mother knows who is boss" etc. So he started calling her the "old bat" and so me being the oldest and closest to Mom got me the name of bat jr. I really don't mind cause my Mom is the most wonderful person I know so it is a real compliment to be called battyjunior, lol.

LaDonna
Unread 12-28-2002, 07:48 PM
It's my birthday!

Not today, but February 2. Groundhog's Day. Every year on my bday, my Mom calls up and says in her cute little kid voice: "Did the little groundhog see her shadow today?" I'm turning 40 next year and I still love to get that call!!!
Unread 05-01-2003, 10:29 AM
What does your user name mean?

Okay, we've done this one several times, but it's been awhile, and with all the new ladies who have joined us, I think it's fun to learn the significance behind our Hyster Sisters user names.

I'll get us started. My user name, Shashi, is a nickname that I grew up with. I started off being "Sissy", since I was the only girl in my family (I have one brother.) Well, when I was a teenager, my parents started keeping foster children. One of them was an 18-month-old baby named Stoney. Stoney couldn't say "Sissy", it always came out "Shashi", so the rest of the family soon started calling me "Shashi" too.

I helped my mom take care of little Stoney, and we grew to love him. He was with us for about a year, and became part of our family. We even inquired into adopting him. However, his caseworker got angry at my mom one day because we were going on vacation and Mom had asked about getting someone to look after the foster kids for the week we would be gone, and she took Stoney away from us permanently. We never saw the little guy again. But everytime I see or hear the name Shashi, I remember my precious little brother.

So, that is where the name "Shashi" originated. Where does your user name come from?
Unread 05-01-2003, 03:50 PM

I'm "Juliepede" because -- well, my first name is Julie, and I'm a bug fancier who just loves big millipedes and centipedes. I've kept large tropical specimens of both. I don't have any right now; I donated my most recent "livestock" to a nearby museum this winter.

I also like more conventionally cute bugs, like butterflies (I rear caterpillars in the summer) and ladybugs (which are really beetles). I studied insects through graduate school; most likely, I'm going to continue to do research on wasps, ants, and/or bees.

Despite the pronunciation, my name has nothing to do with urination. :-)

Cheers,
Juliepede
Unread 05-01-2003, 03:57 PM

Hi, I love your story, it's tender and a bit sad but sweet.
My dh gave me my user name. We had a friend who always gave everyone a nickname. He already had a Eugene (I'm glad) so I became Jeanus (pronounced Jean us , not genius & that's a good thing!).
So when I decided to FINALLY start learning to use the computer (not there yet), he gave me that name.
Joe ( the friend) is no longer with us , so I do treasure that name.
Unread 05-01-2003, 04:50 PM

((((Shashi))))) Thanks for sharing this bittersweet story with us

My user-name has very simple origins: my name is Danielle but I never liked it. You see, I'm french canadian and, back when I was in school, there were tons of us. Some were boys... they'd write their name: Daniel, but it's pronounced the same way in french, and some were girls. I remember the year there were 5 of us in the same Sciences classroom... and then there was the time that there were 3 of us on the same bowling team

When I was in highschool, I would write poetry for the school paper.... I've since graduated to writing long posts on HS ... and would sign my poems "Dany". Ever since then, Dany's been my pen name.

I was pleasantly surprised when the User Id wasn't taken when I joined HS in September 2000... One of the many signs that this was meant to be a second home for me
Unread 05-01-2003, 04:57 PM

Hi,
This is a fun question. Love to read all the answers. My user name comes from my former job. I was a cake decorator in a bakery. Whenever I had to consult with a customer about a custom cake I was sometimes referred to as "the cakelady."

It was a fun job. Loved the creativity of it.

:artist:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register