How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 05-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Hi

Haven't written in a while, couldn't resist this thread. tangerine is one of my precious kitties names. I actually tried two other names of kitties past & present but they were taken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2003, 07:21 PM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

I guess I am more of an administrative person than a creative one...my username is way to easy:

My first name is Lynn
My middle name is Mary
My last name is V-- L-------.

Way to simple.

s
Unread 05-01-2003, 07:32 PM

Hi all, I love the outdoors. camping,fishing,gardening and anything else to do with spring and summer. So Nature is me and the 1715 is my house address, brain fog comes rolling in so I hopefully will not forget my address. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2003, 08:49 PM
What does your user name mean?

Well "Tucker" was the name of one of my dogs. We had to put him down last September.
The night I decided to register with HS he was really on my mind and I was missing him a lot.......So.....
My real name is Phyllis :-)
Unread 05-02-2003, 01:55 AM
Thanks for bringing this idea back!

We live about midway between Santa Cruz and Mavericks (famous for the biggest and most dangerous surf anywhere in the continental US). My DBF grew up surfing in Santa Cruz, and after a long break, recently decided to take it up again. I find it totally fascinating, although I'm not sure I like his dream: to surf the big waves at Mavs before he turns 50 next year.

At about the same time he started surfing again, he got his first computer and connected to the internet. He was trying to come up with a username for himself and he ran across a band called the "Butthole Surfers" (sorry for the language, but that's really their name ). He found that offensive, so he decided to call himself "Butthead Surfer", which fits him much better anyway -- and I say that in the most loving way possible .

When he wrote his first email, it was to me. Instead of using my regular email address, he made up the name "surferbabe" for me. We kept it just between us for about a year, until I had my hyst and found this site. I decided I wanted a different username than the one I use for other internet stuff and surferbabe popped into my head. I figured it was a bit silly, but no big deal since no one would ever know who I was and I wasn't planning to be here very long anyway .

-Linda
Unread 05-02-2003, 02:11 AM
My user name means...

Hi,

My user name stands for a book I love. Somewhat childish, but I like it. luv Anne Of Green Gables luvanneogg. I love this name too because shorten In chat most people go with luv. I also luv the author Lucy Maud Montgomery. well there you have it. lol
Unread 05-02-2003, 04:13 AM

"Liatris" comes from the wildflowers known as "Blazing Stars" or "Gayfeathers". Since I am very interested in the flora of prairies and oak savannahs, Liatris are one of my favourite flowers. Liatris spicata, Spiked Blazingstar, suites me because I have spikey red hair. It is also known as "Gayfeather". Since I'm gay and purple/lavender is the colour of gay rights, it suites me well.

"52" is the year I was born.

I like short-forming Liatris to Lia.

C'est tout.

Liatris52
Unread 05-03-2003, 08:06 AM

My user name is a combo of my first name , DH's first name and part of my last name.....

ge....George

em....Emily

sa.....sabol

gemsab!!!!

Emily

Unread 05-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Why I am Chickweed...

I picked chickweed cause I like to perrenial garden - mainly natural type rockgardens - and this involves lots of weeding and I seem to be very good at producing them(the weeds that is). Weeds are not bad plants they are just ......vigourous and well adapted to their enviroment- and that seems like a good way to go thru life Also "weed" because I spent 20 yrs in the military and was uprooted alot!
The "chick" part - well, I are one.
I really like hearing the origins of everyones handles- some are very original and creative - like their owners on the other end!
Unread 05-03-2003, 11:13 PM

I am 1/2 American Indian and it just fit.
This one inquiry is always fun to see what people say.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register