How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 05-09-2003, 08:36 PM
username meaning

D is for my first name Debbie
J is for my middle name Jean
A is for my last name Adkins
and KOALA is because i love and collect everything and anything that has to do with koalabears.
DJAKoala
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2003, 05:11 PM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

I am a firefighter and this name sounded kind of cool.

A few years ago, I wanted to be a firefighter so badly, I applied to my local fire dept and they refused me telling me I was a woman (now what tipped them off??). I was crushed.

I started dating my partner ( now fiance) I met at a hospital we both worked at as medics and eventually joined his fire dept which I must add is rated #1 in IL for volunteer depts. I am very proud of my achievement and even though I am a probie yet, I have found fire fighting to be very gratifying. My fellow firefighters are like my brothers and I love them dearly.

Firefighting has helped me grow mentally and spiritually and has been one of the most positive things I have acheived in my lifetime. I am proud to be accepted into this brotherhood/sisterhood and will always be grateful for the opportunities it gives me on a daily basis.
Unread 05-12-2003, 02:31 AM

Hi,
my user name comes from my DBF and his friends, my DBF is called Joe and when I'm not at my best, his friends call me "The B****" as I have been know to get very bad tempered, , and horrible, so I ended up as "Joe's B****" but to be nice and polite we have now shortened it to "Joe's-bit". Isn't it funny how my problems have given me my username? I have to say that his friends didn't call me this in a nasty way, they have only called me this in fun and I find it quite funny. I wonder if they will change it when I'm better or if I will have to pretend to be nasty so they keep calling me it.
s to you all
Joes-bit
a.k.a. Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2003, 06:57 PM
What my user name means

I can never resist these kinds of posts!

Lamb and Lion has 2 meanings among many.

a favorite quote from a song by Crystal Lewis called "Lion and Lamb" goes like this:

"He's the Lamb that was slain, He's the Lion that reigns, my Saviour and King both the same"

Also Revelation 5:5 "...do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed.... (v6) Then I saw a Lamb...."

Both refer to Jesus Christ.

Thank you for listening.

Lion and Lamb (aka Kathy)
Unread 05-12-2003, 09:30 PM
internet name

I am Guinevere...
I am a meditating, nature loving, tree hugging pacifist....I am spiritual (not religious, now)--comfortable in my own body, at peace with myself. I love to play--jump rope, run through the spirnklers on a hot day, blow bubbles--and there is nothing like bathing by moonlight..I love long flowing dresses, Birkenstocks and straw hats...I weave, I paint, I absorb books--
and the name "Guinevere" fits--and there you have it.
Unread 10-08-2003, 11:41 AM

Okay, we've done this one several times, but it's been awhile, and with all the new ladies who have joined us, I think it's fun to learn the significance behind our Hyster Sisters user names.

I'll get us started. My user name, Shashi, came from a nickname given to me 26 years ago when I was just 14 by my little 2-year-old foster brother. Everyone in the family called me "Sissy", but he couldn't say "Sissy". It came out "Shashi" instead. After awhile, the rest of my family started calling me Shashi too, and it stuck. To this day, so many years later, my family still call me Shashi. I haven't seen my little foster brother in years as he was placed in an adoptive family when he was 4 and he'd be grown up by now. But I think of him every time I hear the name "Shashi."

I now use "Shashi" for all of my user names and even have a personalized license plate on my car with my nickname on it, and since Shashi means moonlight in Hindi, the personalized tag also has a mountain scene with a full moon shining down on a lake.

So, that is where the name "Shashi" originated. Where does your user name come from?
Unread 10-08-2003, 11:52 AM

Mine is Bejay....and BJ is what I really go by, ever since I can remember.....they are only my initals.
Unread 10-08-2003, 11:54 AM

I guess my user name is pretty obvious! LOL

I loved the idea of being a hyster "sister" as soon as I discovered this website from another hyster sister and I wanted to let everyone know that I am from Alaska.....so AKsister was a natural choice.

I'm due to move to South Carolina in the spring so maybe I'll turn into SCsister once I'm settled in.

How about everyone else?
Unread 10-08-2003, 12:02 PM

I chose my name by the nic name of my first name. I quess thats pretty boring but I am not too creative.
Unread 10-08-2003, 01:36 PM

Forgen is the name that my mother called me. I guess its a nickname. My real name is Virginia and I don't know how she came up with Forgen, but whats funny is that my youngest is named after me and if I don't call her Little Virg I call her Forgen.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register