How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 10-09-2003, 04:37 PM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

My DH calls me Tweety and I call him Syvester. All our friends have started also calling me Tweety. Every once in a while my DH will call me a Dirty Birdy and I always tell him no I am a Sweetie Tweety. So that is how I came up with my user name.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2003, 09:47 PM

Sushi24.... that was the name of my beloved 9 year old cat that died of a heart attack just a few weeks before my surgery. I was devastated! This was the cat who was to nurse me back to health.

The 24 is because she was a polydactyle. Instead of having 18 toes, she had 24!

I have been so blessed. I have a kitten that is only 5 months old, but he senses Mom has gone through a lot and is nursing me back to health! My DS named him Gizmo!
Unread 10-09-2003, 11:06 PM

I am RobbiDl. My name is Roberta. My Dad nicknamed me Robbie.
Years later I dropped the "e" and the D is for my middle name, the L is for my last name.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2003, 07:51 AM

Our last three dogs have been named for boats (hubby is ex-coast guard), when I brought home our latest five years ago I wanted to name him something that started with a C and was thinking of Colby. Well hubby wanted to stick with the boats so we settled on Cutter. My daughter started calling him cutterpup. The name stuck and when I started my online hobby that pays for it self (I buy and sell vintage cameras) the name we registered was Cutterpup.com.
Since then I have used cutterpup as my screen name for almost everysite I'm on.
Judy
Unread 10-10-2003, 09:04 AM

My user name had to be something I could always remember because I have short term memory problems due to a head injury.

It took me a while to come up with something and then it hit me, I chose Ldynwaiting half as a joke becuase I have never considered myself a lady "ldy" and the "waiting" part was because I had to wait for this surgery for so many years.

One of my best friends turned me onto this site, she was already a member. (Thanks Kak)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Donna
Waiting no more
Unread 10-10-2003, 11:08 AM

I have 5 brothers and sisters. About 10 years ago, we really started getting close - no more sibling rivalry, I guess. Anyway, although we live in 6 different states, we try to get together at least at Christmas and for a summer family vacation.

A friend of my brother's said "your family reminds me of a bunch of meerkats". I didn't know what they were so I started doing some research. Meerkats are native only to the Kalihari Desert in Africa. If you've seen "The Lion King", Timon is a meerkat. They live in very cooperative families and really take care of each other. Since then, we've adopted them as our family mascot.

I'm the oldest child, hence, I am meerkat1.

My real name is Peggy but that doesn't seem nearly as interesting.

I'm really enjoying this thread!

PS - I just noticed forgen's avatar is Timon!
Unread 10-10-2003, 05:21 PM

After finding this site about 3 weeks post op and feeling so overwhelmed with my surgeries I wanted something simple that I would remember. I chose to use Mrs_H as I am so happily married and (proud to say that) for 28 years. are: stands for the letter R as you would say it. N: is just what it stands for. Put it all together it's Mr. Sharen! Fooled you!! I'm really a woman. Mrs_H_areN stands for being a R.N. or Registered Nurse and my co-workers always call me Mrs. H. And now you know the rest of the story. Mary
Unread 10-10-2003, 05:54 PM
How did you choose your user name

I also found this site when I was emotional and searching the internet and wanted to join and couldn't think of anything more creative than my name is Helen and I was born on May 13th I applaud this site every day

Great thread........nice insight on everyone.
Unread 10-10-2003, 07:07 PM

I started reading on this site about 2 weeks before joining. There were already a couple of people named Linda, so I used the name I made up for my Everquest character.

Unread 10-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Pretty Boring...

d-diana
g-gayle
2901-old house number.

ta da!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register