How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 06-24-2002, 10:07 AM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Hi, mine is a nickname given to me by my boyfriend. He is an old surfer from the 60s and I love to go to the beach and watch. First he picked "Butthead Surfer" as his username on a bulletin board; he chose it because he loves music and there is a group called the "Butthole Surfers", but he felt that was just a little too obnoxious. It's very convenient for me because when he's being grumpy I just call him "Butthead" for short and he gets it. Then he decided to call me "Surferbabe" when he emails me, and it stuck.
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2002, 03:53 PM

Hi,

I am a huge Finnland fan. It's such a beautiful country.
In the native language Finnland is called: suomi.

Bye,

Patty
Unread 06-24-2002, 08:51 PM

Fit Bug
I love fitness and the VW beetle. My Dh bought me a new 2000 Beetle in 99. I had my hyst in May of 2000.
Jody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2002, 09:06 PM

When I was little my family nicknamed me Junebug, my name is June. Us kids always spent a couple of weeks each year with our Grandparents who lived in West Virginia (I grew up in Kansas). My Grandpa, who I still adore to this day, always called me Juniebug instead. In fact he still does!
I can remember him many a time bouncing me up and down on his knee sing "Oh my darling, Oh my darling, Oh my darling Juniebug".
Thanks for asking that question- I hadn't thought of that memory for a long long time.....
Unread 06-25-2002, 12:37 PM

I grew up in Nebraska and am an avid college football (University of Nebraska Cornhuskers) fan. Sadly I had to move from there and all my family did too. So even though I don't live there anymore, no matter where I live, I will be a Husker forever.
Unread 06-25-2002, 03:02 PM

I don't have a cute story to tell. Karlene is my middle name. I knew if I put anything else on here I wouldn't know who ya'll were talking too. My first name is Theresa but no one has ever called me that. Oops, that's not true. Every time I go to the Dr. office when they call my name, I sit there like a dummy until I realize it's me they want.
Unread 06-25-2002, 07:53 PM
It's a Southern thing

No exciting story behind mine. My name is Kelly, and since I've been here in Alabama for quite a while now, I've found a few good "Southern women" who called me that. Then my dbf picked it up and calls me that once in a while. It's just kind of a sweet, warm, southern thing. I like it!
Unread 06-27-2002, 07:08 AM

When I was a little girl, my Dad used to sing me the Elvis song "Just Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear." I sang it back to him and became his Teddy Bear. I was a middle child and he had nicknames for each of us. I always felt like I was his favorite and got the best nickname. (Like who wants to be a Possum Belly or Cupie Doll? Those are my sisters' names.)

Teddy Bears have always meant something to me because of this name and one of the last gifts my Dad picked out for me, before his Alzheimer's hit really hard was a little Teddy Bear in a coffee mug.

At my Dad's funeral this March, a friend from church pressed a tiny Teddy Bear with angel wings in my hand as I was leaving the church. She didn't know about my nickname. It still makes me cry to think of it.

Anyway, I always try to use Teddy Bear as a username, but often it is already taken. This time I got to use Teddy54, my year of birth.

Thanks for asking . . and for letting me share.

Nancy
Unread 06-27-2002, 10:17 AM

I am an avid angler. I fish in every lake, pond, river etc. that I can find that might have fish in it. I live in No. TX near the Red River and enjoy fishing there or just sitting near the river at night watching the fireflies.
Unread 07-02-2002, 10:26 AM
my user name

Dear Sisters,

My user name was created by taking part of my daughter's name Brianne and part of my son's name Dillion to create Brilion. I use Brilion for everything on the net.

Charlotte

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register