How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 12-17-2004, 04:22 AM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

My user name is the name my husband gave me when we were dating. I can wiggle my nose like a bunny. It's funny to see my kids try it but they still move their cheeks or mouth to do it. His name was babyface, 17 didn't shave yet, can't call him that now!!

I used to use my cat's name on other sites too. Becca she is MIA have been for over a year and a half now. My cuddle kitty I miss her so. She was only 2 and a half when she left. I have a male cat now 3 years that's name is Whitey. He cuddles part of the time but not like my Becca did! I want a new cat so bad! And being home for another month I really would like to be able to get a new one settled before I go to work!! My husband says no, unless we get rid of the one we got now. We did fine with 2 cats before! Oh well. Maybe I can talk him into it. My family offered to get me one for x-mas, what would he say to that?

Maybe it's my name? Katrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2004, 06:21 AM

my user name is after a song by Nine Inch Nails.
love the song, LOVE the band.
Unread 12-17-2004, 06:45 AM

Great idea! You do wonder..........my username is iamblessed...well I am. And very thankful to God for all He has done for me. I couldn't begin to name all of the times and things I am blessed with, but in all honesty, even when times have been tough..I know He was there to see me through. Thanks for asking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2004, 06:45 AM

Sorry, this is going to be a long, emotional post!

My user name, Shashi, is a nickname that I grew up with. I started off being "Sissy", since I was the only girl in my family (I have one brother.) Well, when I was around 13, my parents started keeping foster children. One of them was an 18-month-old baby named Stoney. Stoney couldn't say "Sissy", it always came out "Shashi", so the rest of the family soon started calling me "Shashi" too.

I helped my mom take care of little Stoney, and we grew to love him. He was with us for over a year, and became part of our family. My parents had even looked into adopting him. However, his caseworker (who was an alcoholic) got angry at my mom one day because we had to travel to Tennessee from Florida when my grandfather had a stroke, and Mom had asked about getting someone to look after the foster kids while we were gone (I think we had four or five at that time). That old witch took Stoney away from us permanently. We never saw the little guy again.

Even now, almost 30 years later, I remember the last time I saw my little brother. Mom was getting him dressed that morning for his case worker to pick up and he was laughing and running up and down the couch, trying to get away from her. I remember I looked back at him as I went out the door for school, never knowing (because Mom didn't tell me until later) that he was leaving permanently and that that would be the last time I saw him. If I'd known, I would have run to that precious baby and held him tight and never let him go!

Anyway, I recently discovered that Shashi also means "moonlight" in Hindi. I have a tag on the front of my car with a scene of the mountains and moonlight and the name "Shashi" on it. I use this name for almost every username I have on the computer. And everytime I see or hear the name Shashi, I remember my precious little brother (who would be almost 30 years old now!)
Unread 12-17-2004, 06:48 AM

Mine is part of my first, middle and last name.
Unread 12-17-2004, 07:36 AM

What a great idea for a thread.

marian(my first name) the w---first letter of my last name................. the rn----is what I do, I am a registered nurse. This is my user name on every site that way I can't forget.... especially with the meno memory loss and all
Unread 12-17-2004, 08:08 AM

this was the first message board i had ever been on. i had no idea what it was all about. all i wanted to do was register and get some info. so i didn't put much thought into it i tried my first name - no go on that - tried my middle name no go on that. then i added numbers to my middle name and voila i was in. if i knew i would still be here 6 months later. i would have come up with something more "me".

jane321
Unread 12-17-2004, 10:40 AM

Hi Everyone,
Its funny about the cat stories. We play an online game and my name on there is Saharasmom...Sahara being our cat! It is funny cuz everyone sings to me that song, Staceys Mom, and they just use 'Saharasmom has got it going on'.... I also have Tipsy, which did not sound too good, hehe, and Skunky who both were named as kittens, Tipsy for her tip on her tail, and Skunky for the lovely dark brown line on his lighter body!! He no longer has that line and the cats really dont come to thier names, they come to each others and Sahara just takes a message and gets back to us in her own sweet time!! Ahhh, the life of a pet owner....

Anyhow, Harley_kat came simply because all the other names i wanted were gone. Kathy, Kitty, Kit_Kat, etc. Hubby has a Harley, soooo, I became Harley_Kat....I cannot wait until spring when he can get it out, and get it going!!

Hugs
Kat
Unread 12-17-2004, 11:03 AM

When I was in sixth grade, I decided if I ever had a daughter I would name her Zoe. Due to my endo, I was never able to have a child (several miscarriages) so my user name is my name and the name of the daughter I never had.
Unread 12-17-2004, 02:31 PM

Ok, I know that this won't be popular, we live on 103 acres with a "ridge" to the back of us and all of us in the family are "hunters" (we live in the north and harvest only what we can use and only animals that are in abundance). Hunting has become a hot subject and hesitate to explain my name. Apologies in advance if have offended anyone.
Just Susan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register