How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 08-02-2002, 03:41 AM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

This is fun to read about how everyone has chosen their usernames!

I actually have 2 accounts on AOL. My first username that I created was CocoaSnow. I was very new to the internet and it seemed that variations of my name were taken, so I took the names of my 2 dogs (SnowWhite and CocoaPuff) and combined them.

CocoaSnow worked fine until I got a job and they wanted my email address for my business cards Somehow, CocoaSnow didn't seem very professional to me! Hence, I created my 2nd account, TWirth1204 which sounded much better to me. As a result, my 2nd account has become the one I use primarily, but still hang on to the old one for the fun of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2002, 08:11 PM
my "handle"

One day, (before we were married) my husband and I were traveling somewhere. He was trying to reach a buddy on the c.b. He asked me what I wanted my "handle" to be. I replied "Nothing". He said "Nutmeg. I like that." He still doesn't listen well.
Unread 08-04-2002, 09:11 PM

Back in the 70's mine was "Slim Pickings"! It was because I was soo thin but...isn't that a guy's name? Anyway...it was fun.

Sister Katie

10-4 Base Clear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2002, 11:06 AM
This is fun...and great reading :)

I pondered my user name for a while...then it clicked....I'll use my nickname at work. Approx 90% of my co-workers call me Judester....so I thought "hey that's an easy one to remember."

Great thread
p.s. My real name is Jude!
Unread 08-08-2002, 04:46 PM

I pratically live on our computer here doing programs, playing games, etc..... so this is how I came up with my user name here.

Pat
Unread 08-14-2002, 03:37 PM

Great idea....I always wondered how people came up with their call signs....mine is quite obvious if you know what I do for a living...on my AZ License plate 20yrs ago (and just till 3 years ago when I moved) I had SKYLDY...then when they came out with intenet e-mail. I went with SKYLADY, and AZSKYLADY and now that I live in calif. I use CALIFSKYLADY....which is what I use for most everything now. With some slight variations..:fly:

Lolly, that's what my girlfriends children call their grandmother...she never wanted to be called grandma and her name is Loretta...They couldn't say that so they said lolly...been that way ever since...

donduck....I love it...Donald duck is my favorite too...My DF (fiance) keeps me in stiches when he talks like Donald Duck...so I'm always watching for Donald Duck stuff.....even found some Donald Duck cologne. Had my picture taken with D.D. and always where my D.D. sweatshirt....
Unread 08-16-2002, 03:34 PM

I married a man who had the greatest last name. Our last name is "Fine". Whenever anyone asks me "How are you today?" I always answere "I am Fine" , and literally I am - I am Mrs. Fine!!! Our lisence plates say FINE, and we put a frame around it the makes it read " THE FINE FAMILY" My maiden name was Messuri, so as you can imagine I am loving my married last name for 10 years now. I thought "IamFine" would work for me after having surgery cause I was hoping that I would be feeling fine.
Unread 08-28-2002, 09:22 AM
me too...

Hi ladies,

My name was chosen because my (not-so-dear and soon to be ex) Hubby is a trucker, hence comes my name TRCKRSWIF. Had to play around with it as there are other trucker's wives out there.

Been thinking and thinking and have yet to come up with another name...something that is me. Will let ya know if/when I change from this one.

Darlene
Unread 12-02-2002, 04:49 AM
How'd ya choose your USERNAME???

Anyone care to explain what your user name means? Just for fun!

I'm Xena because, well, I really am. No really, I'm a super-hero!
Just kidding. Perhaps it's a latent wish to become one!

It's really just an old nickname from when I was working. One of the guys at work called me Xena all the time because I will speak up when neccessary but not too much otherwise, so our bosses usually would listen to me when I did have ideas or concerns. Therefore, I sometimes got things done. So, to him, I was Xena!
Princess Warrior! (I guess, in a nutshell, that just means I'm a big-mouth! )
Of course, this is the same guy who would sing "Beautiful Loser" by Bob Segar, to me! (I'm not beautiful, just a loser, I guess!) AND he sent us these huge Three Stooges mugs & all the fixins for hot cocoa for our wedding present! A very funny friend. We laughed alot at work.

I know, not a great story, but there it is!
Anyone else?
Unread 12-02-2002, 04:59 AM
Mine is really boring!

Well my real name is Catherine Laura ( though everyone calls me Katie I know very confusing) so hence cathlaur. That is it . Told you it was boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just go by Cath here because of my name. I am truly a Katie if you were to meet me.

My chat name is CookTalk I hate to cook and love to talk Though a lot of people think it is Cooltalk NOPE!

I think this guy is so cute

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register