How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 63 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 03-11-2006, 08:47 PM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Mine is very easy, it's my last name!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2006, 08:48 PM

to all
Unread 03-11-2006, 08:53 PM

This is a combination of my first and middle names. My Mom's family is from the hills of Southern Ohio where they call everyone by their full name (unless you get dubbed Sissy or Bubby). My first husband called me Bonella as a term of endearment and to subtly make fun of my Mom. He was my childhood sweetheart and the father of my 2 older children. I lost him to cancer in 1982. My husband now is a wonderful man, but I still think of the first one often. When I needed a screen name at registration, the name just popped into my head after all these years. Maybe it was his way of telling me he's still watching over me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2006, 10:27 PM

I've enjoyed reading this thread also. Actually, I started to register with hystersisters twice, but stopped because I couldn't come up with a screen name. Finally, I came up with tbell which is a term of endearment my husband uses for me. He always calls me "T" which is short for Teresa and then for some unknown reason, he added bell, hence tbell.
Unread 03-16-2006, 12:01 AM

Not very exciting- mine is a joining of my two Christian names! Just a bit of shortening to make it 'work' a bit.
Unread 03-18-2006, 11:42 PM

MIne's kinda nerdy.

I Loved Lord of the rings since I was a kid. My name is elvish for Autumn Jewel, I was born in October.
Unread 08-28-2006, 05:28 PM

When I was young my brother and two close cousins spent a lot of time together. My Mom and their Mom are sisters and we used to go camping , play cards and sit around the campfire. We were very close. One night we were goofing around as usual and they gave me the name Edie Eggbert. It reminds me to stay young and keep a sense of humour. To this day they still call me Edie Eggbert and I'm 36 years young!
Unread 09-06-2006, 10:16 PM

In my younger days, I did alot of Role Playing online (yeah ok, not really something I'm proud of LOL) but had a character that ended up with the nickname jaeby...it became MY nickname, so I use some form of it on almost all websites! Oh, guess I should say that jaeby is short for jaedrian...a name I really love and if I'd had a second daughter, that would have been her name!
Unread 09-06-2006, 10:26 PM

Mine came out of nowhere. Tried Happy but it was occupied. I didn´t want to make my usual one public so I thought what this forum is all about. I entered it after I had made my decision so No doubt just hit me. I used to like the tune a lot too.
Unread 09-06-2006, 11:50 PM

I'm named after my father, Mariano. Not too obvious. Very lucky Autn Philomena was still alive when I was born. My name is Marianne, no middle na,e. No one called him Mariano, it was always Mario. In an earlier thread,"grieving the loss of my father, I explained how his death in Jan 04 was coming back to haunt me. Mom passed Oct. 03. Two years of therapy for that one. When I joined here, everything was about Dad, hence Mariano. Carry a pic of him everywhere. Can't even say we were close being the youngest, and a girl, in a very Italian family. But still he was Daddy. Even with dh and dd's, sometimes feel like a kid, now orphaned. I've always been the "strong one" and people even family don't understand. Sometimes it just *****. Just try and live up to my name and thank every princess out there for all the help. Be well, Marianne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register