How Did You Choose Your User Name? - Page 84 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 06-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Re: Whats the story on your user id?

I did not realise how many Canadians were members of this site when I joined and so thought canadianlady would be a good one. I had never had to come up with a user ID before and creativity is not my best attribute.
Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2010, 11:00 AM

I chose mine because that is what I am doing right now. My coworkers never understood the horror of my monthly cycles, the meds I was on to try to control it and the nasty side effects. I always felt like a freak, a shunned person. Now I realize that I have been sick, and now I am cured, and I have the rest of my life to focus on things I want to do, rather than looking at the calendar and saying, oh that weekend won't work. I will spend the rest of my life cherishing what is really me and not living around my own personal hell.
We should all cherish ourselves.
Unread 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianlady View Post
I did not realise how many Canadians were members of this site when I joined and so thought canadianlady would be a good one. I had never had to come up with a user ID before and creativity is not my best attribute.
Suzanne
Lol Yeah your id is one of those "obvious" ones lol But at least there are lots of other canadians on here for you to chat with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshagolightly View Post
Well Marsha is my first name. Go is the first 2 letters of my last name. The lightly part is because I used to weigh 230 lbs and now I weigh 117.
What's your secret?? I need to go "lightly" too!! I'm not terribly overweight I'm 5'6 and weight between 158-165 it varies with ibs, But I'd love to just get back to 130-140. Or at least tone up my tummy, and thighs
Unread 06-21-2010, 12:17 PM

I'm glad I posted this Its really interesting to read about how everyone came up with their names~ even you ladies who just used your regular name Keep posting!

And as far as kids "nicknames" go I had a variety to chose from as I have five kids. I have no idea how they got their nicknames in some cases lol but my other kids are

Chloe- Chlorine (her middle name is Lauryn and she used to say she wanted to merge her names for uniqueness so I said and what call yourself Chlorine)

Jakob- Kob (he used to be korn kob, I've loved the band korn since I was a teenager and I just started calling him that, he's now 9 and actually tells me he wants to be my korn kob still)

Gracie- Poop-a-loop (I have NO IDEA lol!! Her daddy gave her that one and she is one proud little girl- she's 6 now and still proudly announces that she's poop-a -loop)

Elijah- Bear (he was a thick solid baby and always grunted and growled so he became our bear)

And we have Aiden~ My tater
Unread 06-29-2010, 07:43 AM

I was born in July, and weighed 8lbs 13oz. That's how I got my name
Unread 06-29-2010, 07:21 PM

mine is my initials followed the day of the month that my kids were born
Unread 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM

I can't believe your daughter Gracie's nickname! We had a dog named Grace but never called her that (except when she was in trouble) and her nickname was "Poopie Loo!" That just cracks me up! So similar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater218 View Post
I'm glad I posted this Its really interesting to read about how everyone came up with their names~ even you ladies who just used your regular name Keep posting!

And as far as kids "nicknames" go I had a variety to chose from as I have five kids. I have no idea how they got their nicknames in some cases lol but my other kids are

Chloe- Chlorine (her middle name is Lauryn and she used to say she wanted to merge her names for uniqueness so I said and what call yourself Chlorine)

Jakob- Kob (he used to be korn kob, I've loved the band korn since I was a teenager and I just started calling him that, he's now 9 and actually tells me he wants to be my korn kob still)

Gracie- Poop-a-loop (I have NO IDEA lol!! Her daddy gave her that one and she is one proud little girl- she's 6 now and still proudly announces that she's poop-a -loop)

Elijah- Bear (he was a thick solid baby and always grunted and growled so he became our bear)

And we have Aiden~ My tater
Unread 06-29-2010, 07:40 PM

My screen name is pretty obvious . I have always been a huge fan of Peanuts. I don't really identify with Peppermint Patty's personality other than she was always in love with "Chuck" and I was boy crazy!

But, it's the closest I could get to a Peanuts character's name and it feels kinda fun!
Unread 06-30-2010, 10:41 AM

This is the only place I have a nickname user ID. At first I was at a loss of what to register. My DH calls me sweetie and I am only 4'10" so little sweetie.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register