Two Panic Attacks Later, Here I Am... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two Panic Attacks Later, Here I Am... Two Panic Attacks Later, Here I Am...

Unread 08-02-2002, 04:26 PM
Two Panic Attacks Later, Here I Am...

Had the first one starting before seeing the and sort of continuing, then while waiting for chemo it really started to spread. Got myself calmed down (OK, help here) and when everything was done I felt pretty good. That's when I made my mistake. Because I was facing rush hour and it's hard to get here because of road construction (people are actually using part of where I travel as the Interstate, due to ramp closures and lane closings) I decided just to stop at the pharmacy at the clinic I go to which is next to the hospital. BIG mistake. Dr. wrote me a prescription for Zofran, 8 mg. tablets. One, twice a day, for five days, starting tomorrow. Now that's simple, right? Well, they're out of 8 mg. tablets but they have 4 mg. tablets but maybe another of their pharmacies has 8 mg... Meanwhile, traffic outside is at a standstill. And I have a good many miles to go. I said 4 mg. is fine, can I take two of those to equal 1 8 mg? Oh sure no problem... Uh, problem... my insurance will only pay for X number of tablets, which means I can't get the full five days' supply because it won't pay for that many, but it will pay for three days. OK. I am not happy here, but... They can deliver (yep--they deliver) the rest on Monday but not sure what time... Now my phone is...wrong. I changed my records at the Clinic which changes them throughout the entire system (doctors, clinic, hospital clinic, etc.) but not through their pharmacy... So we straighten THAT out. Now, as to the co-pay...well, had they had the 8 mg. tablets I'd only have one co-pay but since I took the 4 mg tablets (which I did since I'm not sure how carboplatin alone will "hit" me and wanted some here in case I got hit with the nausea, etc. or flattened with fatigue) and they have to deliver the second half, I'll have another co-pay. Along about this time, I didn't care if Susan in her pink tutu came dancing through (I told the nurse that I had lots of company in the chemo room including a woman dancing in a pink tutu) but I WAS tired and about ready to kill and/or swipe a candy bar... So I fought the traffic (it won) and got back. Instead of regular dinner, I just asked to have a couple rolls to work on. Doctor is trying to push this closer to a three week schedule vs. four weeks which is "standard" for carbo so next one, if blood is ok, is August 26. And that was my day and I'm going to crawl into bed and watch America's Funniest Videos! Hope they have fainting brides and grooms and goofy dogs--and Susan dancing through in her pink tutu! to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2002, 05:40 PM

s Margaret

I'm so glad your first treatment back on carbo is over!!!! Rest up all weekend. Just make sure that Zofran arrives on Monday. And make sure you drink, drink, drink!! And nothing with caffeine. Flush those kidneys.
What a mess. I guess the move really screwed their computers up.
The area around that hospital always sounds like a total disaster.
Now I have clear visions of Susan in that tutu dancing in my head as well.

karenann
Unread 08-02-2002, 05:44 PM

God love ya ((((Margaret))))))
You had quite the day!!!!! I hope this is just a weird day and not the norm ! You are dealing with enough without the added frustration.

So glad you are home and resting!! You are such a trooper, and a bit of traffic trouble and pharmacy inventory isn't going to get the best of you thats for **** sure!!!
I hope you don't have any side effects at all with the carbo, and are able to have a restful weekend.
I am glad you have this first one behind you now, and hopefully the rest of the treatments will be a breeze compared to todays experience!

I loved the tutu visualization........Susan in her pink tutu!!!! Susan???? we want a picture darlin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get some rest dear Margaret!! Go Girl Go!!!!
M. xoxoxoxoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2002, 05:55 PM

OH MY GOD, MARGARET,
YOU MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD, I WAS CRYING!!! A PINK TUTU???
STEALING A CANDY BAR???
YOU ARE INDEED ONE GREAT, BRAVE LADY!!!
I AM VERY HAPPY THAT YOUR TREATMENT IS OVER AND YOU ARE AT HOME AND RESTING.
THE CO-PAY DEAL REALLY *****, I KNOW!!! THE WHOLE INSURANCE SYSTEM ***** IF YA ASK ME. GOD, ONE LITTLE
CHANGE AND EVERYONE, IN THE WHOLE UNITED STATES IS CONFUSED, RIGHT??? OH, I KNOW THAT TOO. WELL, GET RESTED AND TRY TO ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND. HOPE YOUV'E SETTLED IN MORE OR LESS. S TO YOU ALWAYS.
Unread 08-02-2002, 07:18 PM

YAY Ellen,
Got that first one out of the way!! YAY!!!!! I've been dancing around in this tu tu all day, and ya know, it kinda rides up in the back, like a THONG!! ROFL!! I'm so sorry you had that aggravation after your chemo though. And as for stealing candy bars.... Those cyber snacks I sent weren't very filling were they?
You are such a dear sweet lady, having chemo and still having that wonderful sense of humor!! You're number 1 in my book! Keep up the good work sweetie, we're all praying that this is the magic potion!!

maria and karenann and puppy, pics. at eleven.......LOL, I promise pictures soon ok? ......Went to the disney store today and you'll never believe what I saw......A PINK TU TU !!!! Almost bought it too.

Sending positive thoughts Ellen, and many ,many prayers that the side effects will be very mild!!
love and hugs and of course angels!
Susan
Unread 08-02-2002, 08:56 PM

{{Ellen}}

You're amazing gal! Even (understandably) frustrated, you still keep that great sense of humor going strong!

You go girl!!!

I hope the Zofran will do its job well and you won't have to deal with any side effects. I'll be praying for a peaceful relaxing weekend for you.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 08-02-2002, 09:25 PM

(((Ellen)))

So glad to hear you are through that first one. I think you should have just taken the candy bar and if you got arrested you could have just told them that you had been watching a lady in a pink tutu dancing around and that you figured your blood sugar must be really low to be hallucinating like that so it was an emergency. I got stopped once for going the wrong way on a one way street (I kind of took a short cut--should have looked for cops first). Anyway, I got nervous and just started talking really fast and waving my arms around a lot while I was trying to make my point, and next thing I knew, he let me go. I think all the confusion I was causing made him forget what I got stopped for. I'm probably lucky he didn't take me in for a breathalizer (I wasn't drinking but I could see where he would have thought I was). Maybe I was the one wearing the pink tutu that day, who knows?

Anyway, didn't mean to blabber on here. I'm just happy that you are through, and happy that you finally got home, and happy that through all of this you have retained your sense of humor! I hope your system accepts the carbo well and that you stay feeling well.

Unread 08-03-2002, 07:50 AM

Hi Ellen--

This is so funny -- I had the exact same problem obtaining Zofran that you had -- I get my meds through a Physicians Plus pharmacy, but I belong to Unity, etc. etc (you know how THAT goes). Well, anyway, when I began treatment, the P Plus pharmacy told me the same thing -- that they could only give me a few Zofran because they were so expensive and they only had the 4 mg ones. I was just beside myself because I was on the oral chemotherapy (can't remember the name now -- it wasn't etoposide) -- that made me so nauseated. My poor husband was running back and forth to the pharmacy trying to get me some more Zofran, while my insurance company wouldn't give me more, and the MDs were trying to think of another med for my nausea. It was a total nightmare, so I can relate with what you are going through. The only pharmacy that I found that had enough Zofran was the Oncology Pharmacy at UW Hospital -- somehow, the pharmacist there was able to talk Unity into giving me more Zofran and they had a large supply there. I know you aren't fond of UW Hospital, but perhaps you could try getting some Zofran from there? Anyway, I'm so sorry about all of this hassle -- I don't know why it has to happen when you are going through an illness like this. I don't know if it is the Lord's way of making us stronger women or not. I'm glad you still have a sense of humor throughout all of this!

Love you much,

Cyndy
Unread 08-03-2002, 12:37 PM
WOW

Man, I'm glad you made it home safely.
You know - anything that can go wrong will. We have a saying in my office (where panic is the norm). Everything gets so ludicrous, you just have to laugh.

Humanity and humor; they really go together. You know, you are my hero. Only good thoughts.

What's with the pink tu-tu, Susan? I need more information to visualize correctly. Why isn't there a smilie with the pink tu-tu?

Laura s and s

BTW, ladies, I project manage corporations' employee benefits outsourcing (that's a mouthful). I really know how to harrass medical insurance companies to get what you need. Be sure to ask me if you need any advice on nagging when you're . Although with all your experience, you could probably give me lessons.
Unread 08-03-2002, 01:59 PM

Hope the meds are keeping you comfortable. Keep up the humor, best coping skill I can think of!
Thinking of you.
Diane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register