Adeno Carcinoma in situ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adeno Carcinoma in situ Adeno Carcinoma in situ

Unread 08-03-2002, 12:28 PM
Adeno Carcinoma in situ

Hello!
I have finally found the right place to post messages! I am now 30 years old and have been married for 7 years. I had AIS (adeno carcinoma in situ) of the cervix starting in 1995, I have had many LEEPS, 2 cones, and one trachelectomy (in which I traveled to Toronto for). All in hopes of getting pregnant and having my own baby. Well, This is did not happen I had a TAH on 7/22/02. What I am waiting for is my pathology reports! How long does it typically take? I have called the Cleveland CLinic many times but they state they are not ready yet. I trust my Dr. 110% but I woncer if a long wait means they found something? If anyone has had AIS can you let me know what happened to you?
THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Adeno Carcinoma in situ

Robin,

I don't have AIS, but can tell you the time frames for the path reports I've received or will receive. For an internal and external pelvic ultrsound, it took almost two weeks. For a uterine biopsy, it took 10 days. For the path report after my surgery, the surgeon said it will be weeks until he receives the report. Everything that's leaving is being tested. He said he sends it to a lab that takes longer, but is very thorough. At this point, I want thorough, not speed. Even after I get the results, I'll probably ask for the samples to be sent for another opinion.

Hope this helps. I'm sure some more sisters will post with additional information.

s, Laura
Unread 08-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Adeno Carcinoma in situ

Hi,
I agree with Laura about getting the actual slides, (they belong to you), and taking them for a second opinion. Mine were looked at by 3 labs and came out with 2 different dxs.

May I ask, what is an internal and external ultrasound?

Thank you and good luck!

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Adeno Carcinoma in situ

Hi Robin

I too had AIS my surgery was in Oct 2001, thought I'd go mad and need to be taken away by the men in white coats - ha ha he he!! while waiting for the results of the pathology. I finally got them 4 weeks later by which time I was convinced it was bad news, but thank goodness everything came back clear and the margins were clean. So was told to go forth a live a long, happy and healthy life.

I was 42 when I had the surgery and had never been able to have a child, so while the outcome was the very very best I could hope and pray for. It's been a long and painful 9 months of emotional healing the finality of not being able to have a child, along with the grief and loss the whole thing cause me. I've been on anti depressants and seeing a councellor for about 7 months. Thankfully I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, like it or not with grief and loss it takes time to heal.

I hope you are healing well and are surrounded by loving caring people. But don't hesitate to write if you need any support or you just need to talk about how you feel.

Healing hugs
Caraj
Unread 08-04-2002, 08:43 AM
Adeno Carcinoma in situ

I had to wait one week and 2 days for my final surgical path report. I was so relieved when the dr. called me back with the report. It only took two days to get the results from the uterine d and c biopsy and then just a little over a week for the surgical. I called to remind the dr. to call me with the results and told them I was anxious to hear my results. They were wonderful about keeping me informed as soon as they got the results. It probably helps that I live in a big city and there are labs here that do all the testing.
Unread 08-04-2002, 08:58 PM
Adeno Carcinoma in situ

It took them 10 days to get back to me with my pathology report. It was the longest 10 days of my life. I don't think that it means that the results are bad if you have not gotten them. It's just probably a slow lab.

It is always good to get them reread by another doctor. I have had most of my results read by someone else. The best pathologist for this is a woman out of Johns Hopkins. She is very well known.

-Denise
Unread 08-05-2002, 06:26 AM
Adeno Carcinoma in situ

Golly, I must be really weird! My path report was back within 24 hours, and I had all my results at that point.

Don't know why, or what made me different .. the Castle is a large city teaching hospital, with a vast lab service of it's own..maybe that was why? I honestly don't know!

Anyhoo, that's what happened with me

s

Tess
Unread 08-05-2002, 08:05 AM
I had TVH on 7/22 also for AIS!!

I had the same thing, same time frame, and same type situation as you... 29, married 4 years, no kids yet, but had to make a decision after having a LEEP and Cone already! Anyway, I went in for my follow up on 8/1 and the pathology was already back. Everything was benign, but still glad I made the decision, as the AIS would have come back, and who knows when and if they would have caught it.

Try to hang in there, I think on average it's like 10-14 days to get them back. Please let us know how it all comes out!

Unread 08-05-2002, 03:49 PM
I got my Path report!

THANK YOU to all of you!!!! I got my path report today (2 weeks post op) and everything is benign. Thank God.
However, they found a bacterial infection call Actinomyces???????? Has anyone every heard of this? I have 2 weeks worth of antibiotics to take.
Susan, kind of wild how we have so many similarities!
Unread 08-05-2002, 04:57 PM
Adeno Carcinoma in situ

COME TO THINK OF IT, MY PATH REPORT WAS IN 2 DAYS LATER. MY DOCTOR HAD IT IN HIS HANDS AND READ IT TO ME WHILE I WAS STILL IN BED. FUNNY, THE WAY SOMETHINGS ARE.
SOME HOSPITALS TAKE LONGER I GUESS!!
WELL, GLAD YOUR O.K.!! GREAT NEWS!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register