Fluid filled small bowel loops ???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fluid filled small bowel loops ???? Fluid filled small bowel loops ????

Unread 08-03-2002, 09:17 PM
Fluid filled small bowel loops ????

O.K. - I'm stumped here. I've been sifting thru some of my medical records (God knows theres enough of them ) & came across this. I had a CT with contrast of my pelvis last March. It says I have some "fluid-filled small bowel loops" in the pelvis. Do any of you happen to know what that is ? Or have any of you seen that on any of your reports from CT's/ MRI's ??
I am sure it must not be anything to worry about , or the dr. would have mentioned it. But my curiosity has got the better of me !!
I'm going to count how many tests I've had done in the last 2 yrs. That way, when anyone who say's to me "well, shouldnt you find out the source of your pain"? , I can throw that # at them. I have had TOO many people say that to me & it just flames me :burning: !!
Any of you who might know what "fluid-filled small bowel loops" means, I would appreciate the in-put.
Thanks girls !!!!!!!

(((((((hugs)))))))

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2002, 06:45 AM

Susan,
Since you had to drink contrast they might be remarking about that being in there??
Here is a site I found that has some links that describe some of the medical terms used, might help while sifting thru all those reports.....

http://www2.rpa.net/~lrandall/medlinks.html

Unread 08-04-2002, 07:25 AM

Susan,
Ahhh..those medical records can be an interesting read. I was shocked at some of the stuff in mine, stuff that the docs failed to tell me.

There's some helpful links for medical terms in the FYI at the top of this forum. Scroll about half way down https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=29378

And in this thread Trish explains some of the pathology terms so that we can understand them https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=29376

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2002, 07:43 AM

Kim,
I was amazed at some of mine too! After my RSO I had went to the ER because of severe back pain that refused to let up. Well, they had run some tests and told me everythng was normal except for the fact that I had no Uterus or Cervix but I had both Ovaries, now how was that?? I just had the right one removed?? Anyhow, when I gathered up all my reports, those tests results said I had some fluid build up in my pelvic region and they interpretted it as a Hematoma or a fluid-filled cyst on my right ovary--what ovary?? They had told me I needed to follow-up with my Gyn who performed the surgery but didnt tell me why! He refused to see me because he had referred me to my present Pain Clinic. I never did have a follow-up to that or the RSO So who knows what was going on in there I sometimes wonder about that and if it could be part of the reason for the now Chronic Pain??

Is your pain letting up at all?? Big s Kim, I'm praying for answers for you as well.....
Unread 08-04-2002, 07:49 AM

Sheri,
No, pain is definetly getting worse. Somehow I'm managing. It seems the more my stomach shrinks the worse the pain gets. It is sooooooooooooo tender and I still have the bulge on the left side. I do go to the Osteo doc on Thursday. I'm going to see if she'll call Doc Cutie. I don't know what else to do

s back to you my friend.
Unread 08-04-2002, 09:40 AM

Thanks Sheri & Kim !
I am definitely going to write down some of these strange "terms" & check that out today.
Sheri: Boy, thats just crazy about the ovary they saw that shouldnt be there :eyes: !! Guess they "thought" they saw an ovary ..........
((((((kim)))))) 's to you ! I hope your pain lets up - you sure do deserve a break. Let us know what happens on Thur. - thats the day I go back to my ortho. dr. about my foot (finally!!!!). I am just praying real hard that he doesnt cast it. I need to get back to work- bills need to be paid !!
Thanks again for the link & info - it should help me figure out all this stuff.

Susan
Unread 08-04-2002, 10:03 AM

((Kim)),
I'm so sorry the pain is getting worse:cry: Wasnt it the Osteo Dr who suggested the Adhesions could be the culprit? I wonder if she would call Dr Cutie and tell him what she thinks is going on and maybe he will do something to help or reffer you to someone that can?? s Kim and please let us know what she says on Thurs...

PS- Are the pain meds not helping any??
Unread 08-04-2002, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SHERI
Wasnt it the Osteo Dr who suggested the Adhesions could be the culprit? I wonder if she would call Dr Cutie and tell him what she thinks is going on and maybe he will do something to help or reffer you to someone that can??
That's what I'm hoping. I've also printed out the new doctor letter that was emailed to me from the www.adhesions.org site and Helen had sent another informative email and I've printed that out also.

I'm hoping that we can convince Doc Cutie to do some further research. Although I don't know if another surgery is the answer, I know if by chance I do need another op Doc Cutie is the only one that I trust. He really is very skilled at what he does. And he's not bad on the eyes either.

The pain meds help a little, but they kind of mess up my stomach if I take them too much. Kind of darned if I do, darned if I don't.

Susan, good luck on Thursday. I sure hope they find some answers for your foot.

Oh and I just remembered, for years I had a doctor who claimed he took my right ovary due to a huge cyst that had adhered to it. The lab report even states that it rec'd an ovary. Well, several years later when I continued to have problems, the ultrasound showed what appeared to be an ovary. Flash forward to the hyst and indeed the doc took out an ovary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register