Bladder spasms still? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder spasms still? Bladder spasms still?

Unread 08-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Bladder spasms still?

Since my surgery, I've had pain with urination. From everything I've read here, it sounded like bladder spasms. It has become alot less frequent in the last few weeks, but I'm wondering if at just under 6 weeks, is it normal to still feel that? It's alot less painful, but still there. I don't have any burning when I go, it just feels like a sharp pain in my bladder right when I'm finishing up. What do you think? Also, I usually only feel it when my bladder is really full.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2002, 10:53 PM
Well, I'm at 11 weeks...

and I still sometimes get that...also get it with sex sometimes.

My doctor explained to me that they do a lot of bladder manipulation which really "p***es it off" so to speak The muscles can be pretty irritable for quite a while.

If it persists, I would ask for a urine culture, just to be sure. There are medications, too, if the spasms are troublesome. But if you notice them improving (albeit slowly) over time, well, they do go with the territory .

Good luck!

Audrey
Unread 08-05-2002, 05:19 AM
Bladder spasms still?

When I had my 6 wk check with my urologist, I was still having some occasional bladder spasms. He said that the healing could go on for a few months. I assume he also meant the spasms, although at 11wks today I am not having them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2002, 05:30 AM
Bladder spasms still?

I'm 6 wks post op & still have them--my dr. put me on Pyridium--works wonders!!!! The dr said it can take some time for it to be back to normal.------Kim
Unread 08-05-2002, 07:19 AM
Bladder spasms still?

I'm not sure if I'm having bladder spasms or not, but my bladder
doesn't seem to hold as much as before my surgery. I get very
uncomfortable especially in the morning before I get up. As soon
as I urinate I feel better. It almost feels like pressure. I didn't
have this before surgery like a lot of ladies, my uterus was enlarged but not to the extent as some. My Dr. had to call in
a urologist during my surgery because I had blood vessels wrapped around my ureters and needed help removing them.
Maybe they did something else that I don't know about. I don't
go in for my 6 week visit until 8 weeks. I need to start writing these things down so I can remember to tell the Dr.
What do bladder spasms feel like?
Thanks
Jen
Unread 08-05-2002, 09:28 AM
Bladder spasms still?

I get that pressure feeling whenever I finish up also. This has been improving but I'm wondering if it is the bladder spasms that you all talk about. I just had a urine check done last week & it was ok. I go for my 6 week post-op check next week.

Becky
Unread 08-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Bladder spasms still?

At almost 12 weeks I still have those pesky bladder spasms when I am working. I have a very physical job and it seems everytime I use the bathroom I have them. They had subsided a little before I returned to work so the physical activity must irritate too. I am off work again due to heart problems and they have subsided again. Otherwise a perfect recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register