Haven't used Duragesic, but would like to! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Haven't used Duragesic, but would like to! Haven't used Duragesic, but would like to!

Unread 08-06-2002, 08:48 PM
Haven't used Duragesic, but would like to!

I am 3wks post hyst today, and the pain is awful. The generic Percocet doesn't help. I think it is an inferior product. Anyway, I wish I could get the patch, then I wouldn't have to hurt all the time.

I sure hope your ins. and Dr. get their act together soon. I'm sure the Duragesic will be very helpful.

Punkie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2002, 09:14 PM

Hi Punkie !

I'm so sorry you are still hurting so much. Have you thought about calling your dr. & letting him know that the percocet isnt helping? I doubt that he would put you on the Duragesic, since you are just 3 wks. out of surgery. From what I've read on it - it sounds like its meant for long-term pain (wouldnt hurt to ask him though). But he may be able to give you something else - its worth a shot. You shouldnt have to suffer, he wont know unless you tell him.
Yes, I hope everyone gets it together real soon, its like a 3-ring circus I am going to call the drs. office AGAIN first thing in the morning. Cross your fingers for me !
Let us know how you're doing & if you call your dr. - what he says.

Susan
Unread 08-07-2002, 12:50 AM
Yes, my gyn knows

about my pain, and that I think the last generic Percocet was an inferior product.

Aug 2 I had a CT scan, and it is normal. I called my gyn office today, and told them I was in level 8 pain, and had taken my last 2 Percocets. My Dr. had his nurse call in 10 Vicodin, and wants to see me in the morning.

I sure hope he gives me some more Percocet. I know the pain will subside sometime, but so far I still have considerable pain.

Thank you for caring. I hope you get relief tomorrow.

Punkie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2002, 07:54 AM

((Punkie)),
I'm sorry you are having soo much pain I hope all goes with your appt and your Dr is able to find the source of your pain, please let us know how it goes....
Unread 08-07-2002, 05:10 PM
I saw my gyn today and I am ok

He examined me inside and out. The vaginal cuff suture line is intact, and I am not tender there. I am tender on the left and right sides at ovary level.

He was going to put me on anti-biotics, but I told him I don't think I have an infection, just pain. He agreed, but ordered a CBC with Sedimentation rate blood test to make sure there is no infection.

He also wrote a perscription for 40 more Percocets. He said the goal for hysterectomy patients is for them to be off pain meds by 6 wks.

He is an intelligent, caring doctor. I am so glad he is my gyn Dr.

I also feel much better today. Yesterday at this time I was in tears because of the pain. I was in level 7 pain this morning, but the Vicodin I took really helped.

I unloaded the top rack of the dw, did 3 loads of laundry, and changed the linen on our bed. I am NOT going to do anything else today. I am going to go lay down and put my feet up. I sure don't want to set myself back by over doing.

It is so exciting to be feeling better.

Punkie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register