2 Weeks Post-Op, Doing Great | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Weeks Post-Op, Doing Great 2 Weeks Post-Op, Doing Great

Unread 08-08-2002, 08:30 AM
2 Weeks Post-Op, Doing Great

I am new here, at least to the posting. Have been reading this site for over a month before my TAH/BSO, and have found it really helpful. Want to say thanks.
I am 2 weeks Post-op, and doing wonderful. My experience, by the Grace of God, was not a bad one. Went in on 7-24, early morning, first in surgery, scared to death, DH was there, and DS #2, with Mom, Step Dad, and Pastor. Took the epidural as well as the general. Epidural stayed in until 7-26, just before my release, I had NO pain, some discomfort, because of the having to lay flat for a few hours, other than that, none. Woke up well on 7-24, but on 7-25, did not want to wake up. Night of 7-25, fever went up, was on the verge of pneumonia, because I didn't get up on 7-25, restless night, Mom stayed with me. DH stayed all day each day, came home to get DS # 1 off to work, and take care of the animals, and so on. 7-26, got up, first time was hard, got sick to my stomach, after that was over, nothing. Moving about now great, still have to take it easy, Doc says for another 4 weeks at least. Seems doc that did c-sections 17 and 19 yrs ago, didn't do a good job. Had sewn my bladder to my uterus. No wonder the pain. uh? Well, LIW, my prayers are with you, and to be scared is a natural reaction.
Doodles61
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2002, 09:56 AM

Hi Doodles, First of all, I want to say Welcome to Hyster Sisters. I'm glad that you found us before your surgery. It's good to hear that everything is going well with you now. Please follow the doctor's instructions to the letter. This will help insure the rest of your recovery will be uneventful. Take care!
Unread 08-08-2002, 09:58 AM

Hi , and welcome to Post Op!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. What a surprise it must have been to find out about your bladder and uterus having been "attached". I'll bet you're going to feel so much better now. Just remember to get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids and take lots of little walks. Be careful not to be tempted to overdo things because you're feeling so good. Let your family pamper you.

I'm glad you posted to let the LIW know you did fine!

s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register