new/finally found you | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new/finally found you new/finally found you

Unread 08-08-2002, 11:09 AM
new/finally found you

Hi!

I am so glad I finally found this section. Let me give you a little history of what's going on. Went for my annual and 1st mammogram in April, was worried about the mammogram but it was fine. Never thought twice about the pap, and then the dr. called me back and said I have severe dysplasia. Scared the daylights out of me. Anyway had a biopsy, colposcopy and then a cold knife cone biopsy. After the cone he said I had good margins but still highly recommended a hyst. Patholoty report came back Moderate to Severe Dysplasia/Carcinoma-in-situ. Well I scheduled my surgery that day, but had to wait at least 8 weeks for my cervix to heal from the cone. What a wait that has been. My surgery is scheduled for this Monday and I've done pretty well until Pre-Op appointment Tuesday. I thought I had my emotions in check, but since then things have gone down hill. I wish I could just go to bed and sleep until Monday. I'm just tired, and tired of crying, and tired of feeling so out of control. I will just be glad to get this behind me. Oh and to top it off I am suppose to go to DH's 30 year class reunion this weekend. I haven't had the heart to tell him I don't want to go. Maybe I will get a new attitude and think it's a great idea--who knows...
Anyway thank you for letting me ramble.

Mypee
TAH, possible removal of ovaries, CIN III
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2002, 03:45 PM
new/finally found you

Hi Mypee!!
Sounds as thought they got this early, and hopefully the surgery will be al that is needed to rid you of the dysplasia! Thats very good news.

Your emotional state is very understandable, and you are entitled to feel the way you do. This seems to have been thrown at you very quickly, and you have had alot to deal with in a short time since your initial pap.

I hope you do go to DH's reunion!! It would be alot of fun for you and will take your mind off things for a bit, which I am sure you need. Its very overwhelming, and anything to divert your thoughts for a few hours would be very good for you!!

Keep us posted on how you are doing. There are several women here who have been through their surgery for the same reasons as you, and I am sure will be along a well.

In the meantime, keep reading and posting any questions you have and we will all do our best to help. You may find doing a search (top right of the screen) by keyword on dysplasia will bring up posts from other women who have been through this and may be helpful to you as well.
So glad you found us!! We will all hold your hand and give you a ton of hugs and support as you go through this!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for Monday!!
Big hugs,
Maria
Unread 08-09-2002, 06:06 AM
Welcome Mypee

I think Maria 951 said things very well--wish I could be more helpful but I have ovarian. Hopefully some of the women with dysplasia and CIS will be more helpful specifically. Yes--go to that reunion--it'll take your mind briefly off the upcoming surgery. Also, you can address your concerns and fears on the pre-op board--lots of good support over there and a lot of the "what if's" and "oh my's" are answered there. Big and a er that all goes well for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2002, 12:45 PM
new/finally found you

Your feelings are very normal. I had a TVH in NOvember 01 for cervical adenocarcinoma Stage 1A. I had many tear filled days and nights. Anxiety and depression is very normal under the circumstances. If the reunion is too much for you then hopefully your husband will understand.

Good Luck. This will all be behind you soon.
Unread 08-09-2002, 06:45 PM
new/finally found you

Hi, boy it sounds like we are going through very similar circumstances. I feel as out of control as you do but I wanted to lend my support and prayers to you. I wish you a speedy recovery from the surgery and perhaps you would share your experience with me when you feel up to it.

Best wishes and prayers

Laurie
(snoop06)
Unread 08-09-2002, 06:45 PM
new/finally found you

Hi, Mypee!

Welcome to Cancer Concerns ! I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems that dictate a hysterectomy, but you've come to right place for support and companionship.

I also had cervical carcinoma-in-situ. It's scary to hear you have it when you're not expecting it. I remember being totally emotionally exhausted by the time I got to my surgery. I did the same thing--just cried and cried. I had the abnormal PAP come back right before Christmas and it really made for a difficult holiday. I swear I cried at least once a day. I worked as much as I could to try to not think about it. That worked pretty well for me, except that people kept asking me when my surgery was. It's very stressful to go through. Then I had the surgery, and I probably didn't cry for about a month--I was all cried out. So, whatever you're feeling, well, you're entitled. And if you think the reunion will keep you distracted, then go and have a good time. And if you think it's just too stressful--then don't go. But try to find something to do to help the time pass.

As far as the ovaries--is there some reason you are wanting to have them out? I was 37 when I had my TAH (39 now), and I am so happy that I had the opportunity to keep them. I really feel pretty much the same that I did before the surgery and I don't have any additional hormonal concerns for now. I am hoping to still get at least 10 more years of full-time service from them. Hopefully more. My mom was 56 when she missed her first period, so maybe mine will keep working for a long time too.

Good luck! Please let us know what you decide and how the surgery goes. Remember to pamper the ! You're going to look beautiful in that crown!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register