Hooray--Got Approved for SSDI | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hooray--Got Approved for SSDI Hooray--Got Approved for SSDI

Unread 08-08-2002, 01:02 PM
Hooray--Got Approved for SSDI

Just got news today that I am approved for SSDI retroactive to January when I retired. Since you have to be considered disabled five months before you can receive benefits, the first ones will be coming later this month and then they'll be consistent the last Weds. of the month. Moral of the story--if you have advanced/recurrent cancer--it is definitely worth trying for SSDI. The only reason I went ahead is that in a couple years I would then be eligible for Medicare and Medicare has really great Hospice benefits (we won't mention my HMO here... they carefully phrase things as "case by case basis" or...good luck.). Finally--something went right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2002, 02:46 PM

Congratulations!!

Also, how are you liking your new place? Do you feel settled in and happy with your decision to move?
Unread 08-08-2002, 03:03 PM

Ellen--

I'm glad to hear about your news -- it must be a big weight off of your shoulders. Believe me, I know what you mean when you mention HMOs (ha!) -- they can really be a nightmare -- I hope you are settling into your new place alright --

Hang in there girlfriend...

Love,

Cyndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2002, 03:35 PM

((((Margaret)))))
Such great news!!
And the fact its retro-active is such good news too!! Things take so darn long to get settled these days that they often don't include the retro-active part of it, so its really good to hear you will be getting all he benefits you are entitled to!!
This will make things so much better I am sure!!
May the good news just keep rollin on in for you dear lady!!!
Love and Hugs,
M. xoxoxo
Unread 08-08-2002, 04:26 PM

VERY HAPPY FOR YOU MARGARET!! GOOD GOING,

SEE, IT'S ALL GOING TO TURN AROUND FOR THE BEST NOW.
Unread 08-08-2002, 06:30 PM

Good for you Margaret.. I am happy to hear the news. Keep that smile on your face, it will make your heart happy!
I just finished treatment number 5 out of 6 today... finally seeing the light. Take Care
Rosalie
Unread 08-08-2002, 08:54 PM
{{{Ellen}}}

YAY!!! and YAHOOOO for you girl friend! I'm so happy for ya!!I'm so glad something is going right for you !! You deserve so much happiness Ellen. I can see your smile from here!!! Keep up the good work sweet lady.....sometimes the GOOD news just needs a little jump start! Hope you are enjoying your new place! And
<----------did ya see the hippo? ROFL I told ya pics were coming soon!

Don't ya just love good news? Sending love and hugs and ANGELS, to keep watch over you!
I'm still praying and God is still in control!!
BIG OLE HUGS,
In Christ,
Susan
Unread 08-09-2002, 06:02 AM
I See The Hippo Here--But Better Be Careful at Dr. Office

I think if I mention seeing a gray hippo dancing in a pink tutu too many times the oncology dept. may suggest I make a visit to another hospital department to discuss the situation! I love it--I was thinking about it when I had chemo last week--took the sadness out of it. Liking my new place--still getting used to it and I still miss two pieces of furniture that won't fit--the cedar chest I gave to a neighbor and a big dresser. Oh well...
Unread 08-09-2002, 12:47 PM

I am so glad that something finally went your way. Hopefully, this trend of good news will continue!
Unread 08-09-2002, 06:33 PM

(((Ellen)))

I'm so glad somthing went your way! Hooray!

Now take care of yourself and rest up. This should at least relieve a little of your stress.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register