Having surgery 8/28 and scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having surgery 8/28 and scared! Having surgery 8/28 and scared!

Unread 08-10-2002, 08:24 AM
Having surgery 8/28 and scared!

Hello everyone! I am a new member so bear with me if this is a little "rough" around the edges. I was diagnosed with severe stage four endometriosis 2 1/2 years ago. My husband and I do not have any children and will not be able to. The pain and severity of the disease has made it necessary for a complete hysterectomy. Due to some school scheduling problems ( I am studying to be an Elementary school teacher) I have to go ahead with the surgery now instead of next year.

I am now dealing with getting so much done ahead of time, but also with dealing with the finality of this step. I know I can't conceive, but there is always that small hope that maybe.

Any advice, information or just reassurance would be wonderful. I am so glad I found this website!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2002, 09:04 AM

Hi There!

Welcome to Hystersisters!

We're so glad you're here!

As you may have seen, there are many forums for support here:
Pre Op (this forum) for your concerns prior to surgery,
Post Op for when you are home recovering after surgery,
Aching Hearts for us gals who mourn the loss of our child-bearing capacity (this forum also has support for those considering adoption!)
Hormone Jungle which discusses HRT issues,
and many more, including
Friends Without Faces Chatter and Live Chat for just plain fun stuff and non-hyst related issues.

Also the home page, www.hystersisters.com has some excellent pull-down menus with information about what to expect before and after surgery, how to prepare, etc.

I hope you venture to the many forums we have here as you begin your journey! Welcome!

s,
Unread 08-10-2002, 10:50 AM

Hi Bugaboo,

I'm really sorry that you are facing surgery, but glad that you found us. Welcome!!

I hope that you'll continue to read and research through the forums that Toonces posted and then come back and ask any questions that you might have.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Hi bugaboo

I am sorry you are facing this as well. I am young and had a hard time also coming to terms with this surgery. I am scheduled on August 15th. I have decided that no matter what, this surgery will be worth it to get rid of the pain. I know my aunt had the same problem, and at first had a difficult time dealing with the fact that she could not conceive. And the finality of the surgery, but as time went by she felt better and better, and says now( years later) that her surgery was the best thing she ever did. She says it literally saved her life. She is happier, healthier, and she actually has a very active life now. Good luck to you with this decision, and your upcoming surgery! I will for you, and that you can openly accept this for yourself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register