Thank you all | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank you all Thank you all

Unread 08-12-2002, 10:09 AM
Thank you all

Well, I'm home from the castle. I felt your hugs and best wishes the whole time. Thank you all.

The surgery was a slam dunk, the nurses said I hardly used the morphine at all, so was taken off it early (I have a very high pain tolerance), they loved the goodies basket..... Anyway, it was very uneventful with no surprises because of the great prep I received from HysterSysters.

I got home Thursday and am doing as instructed: ,
, and - That was one, wasn't it??

My DR did two things which I hadn't seen in any threads. He used "subcutaneous" stitches. No staples or visible stitches. Pretty cool. He also gave me several halprin (sp?) shots - one right before surgery and a couple in the days afterward. In addition to TEDs, it cuts back on blood clots. Maybe these two should be added to pre-op questions.

I only remember one drugged statement. In the recovery room, I vaguely heard them ask if I was in pain, were the meds working. I answered "I prefer a glass of champaigne."

As you know, during prep for surgery about 15 people in ones and two come in the room say who they are and do their thing really fast. They all ignored my poor DH sitting in the corner. I made everyone stop and made a *formal* introduction to my husband - you know the kind where you have to turn and acknowledge the person and shake hands. It slowed things down, made them more humane and made my DH laugh. Gotta control what you can. Only my Gyn/Onc acknowleded my DH without prodding. Earned brownie points with me.

That's about it. Very boring. I'll let you all know how the path tests turn out. As we in CC know, the surgery is the least scariest thing.

Ellen, stay out of the ER - you need your rest.

Thanks everyone.
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Thank you all

s Laura

It sure sounds like you are doing very well indeed!!! And I love that invisible stitch idea. Lay low and continue your uneventful recovery. We'll be waiting to hear the path report!

karenann
Unread 08-12-2002, 12:46 PM
{{{Laura}}}

YAY!!! for your surgery going smoothly Laura!! You sound really good today!! But......... ummm...... I don't think is one of our standard post op activities! ROFL ....Seriously, I'm so glad you're home and taking good care of yourself!! Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for Clean path reports, ok? We're with ya girlfriend.....You sound WONDERFUL!!
Love and hugs and of course, Angels,
In Christ,
Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2002, 01:55 PM
Happy You're Home

Now let's hope for good news from the pathology reports. I wonder if the shots you had were heparin? Heparin will help thin the blood to prevent clots. Take it easy, act like a Princess, and keep us updated on the pathology reports.
Unread 08-12-2002, 07:33 PM
Thank you all

Welcome home, Laura!

You sure do look beautiful in the crown! I'm glad to hear you are taking care of yourself and that you are recovering nicely. We'll look forward to hearing more from you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register